Sent Email to Fram about filter rattling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found more XG8A Filters at Walmart that rattled Read below

(Me to Fram) Hi went to Wal-Mart today to purchase an XG8A oil filter. Went home to service my vehicle and when I removed the filter i shook it and it rattled and the filter element was moving up and down. So I returned it to get another and has the store manager with me so I could check another one there were three left. Everyone of the 3 rattled. One was so bad the element moved side to side. There was no damage to the filters or the box to indicate they were dropped. Ended up with a motorcraft. I like the Fram ultra i did think they were the best made. Any ideas what the issue could be. I have a ultra on my 2010 mountaineer now I am worried that the filter element could come loose during use. Thank you.

Fram to Me I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I did speak with our quality/claims department and they have had no other reports of this issue. I would like to get the filters back and sent over to our quality department. Would you be able to tell me what Walmart store they were at?

I apologize for the inconvenience you had Anthony. I would be happy to send you some complimentary XG8A filters, or filters for a different vehicle if you prefer that. If you can provide me with you street address(no PO Box), City, State, Zip, and Phone number I can get some sent our in the next day or so.

Thank you,
Nick

Me To Fram Hi thank you for your response. The Wal-Mart is in derby Vermont.
https://www.walmart.com/store/4156/derby-vt/details Thank you for your
offer. XG2 for my mountaineer just one XG8A plow truck. Thank you again

Fram to Me. Thank you for your help! We have contacted the Walmart store and they will be shipping the filters back to us. I can send you some XG2 and XG8A filters. It will take me a few days to get them together and shipped out. Once they ship I will send you the tracking information.

When Fram gets back to me i will post any info they have. Is it possible only Fram filters are being dropped ?? Broke my own rule to check filters first but was in a hurry to get my Chinese food before all the good stuff was gone. Lesson learned.

You mean "What tears?" and deleting Facebook posts aren't good responses?
wink.gif

This problem has been talked about before, and Fram reads here. Maybe they skip over what isn't pleasant like others. I hope they can show pictures of where their mistake was and show what is being done to correct their mistake. Then I would say that's sweet, until then it is a major defect on three filters just in one store. That's just how it is.
49.gif

Fram was awesome to me. I sent them a FU7317 for analysis from pup0w20 and ceratec w 15k and the pics were astonishing. No ceratec hiding in the can.

Doubt any other filter maker would respond like this to someone reporting a problem. Pretty amazing that Fram even tracked down the reported filters at the specific Walmart store and had them pulled and shipped back to them for analysis.

That's a company I want to do business with and will continue to do so. No excuses, no B_S. Great CS in my book.

Originally Posted By: Jake777
Your right. Actually amazing they did something.

Seems almost everyone who has a filter problem here on this chat board who contacts Fram gets a good response. Rarely if ever do we see that from other filter makers reported in this forum. And as Garak pointed out earlier, some companies even try to hide problems and customer feedback on social media ... that tells me a lot about how that company sees customers.

Leaf spring breakage-if they're dropped straight down from a decent height, it's possible to break them without denting the can. Not exactly built badly, but shipping damage. Wix's coil springs are stronger.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I wonder what the associate at Wal-Mart thought when they said check the filters for rattling. Lol

Probably went about it as blankly as he does the rest of his duties.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Purolator won't respond to propaganda ... period.

FIFY ...
grin2.gif

The Fram leaf spring has the scoops to prevent the spring from pushing down too far, opening the bypass valve. It isn't going any farther down by dropping. Fram is the best of the brands for at least acknowledging they have a defect. But they also have been excuse makers sometimes, instead of telling it honestly. Some filters have had no need for customer service, can't really say the name as there is some sort of copyright on saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back