2000 Ford Excursion V10, 20,000 miles Mobil 1 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest oil analysis running Mobil 1 5W20. Changed the full flow filter and added a MotorGuard M100 after 15000 miles and topped up the oil for a total of 4 quarts make up oil.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
4 qts? Sounds like new oci.

The sump is 6 quarts.:) engine was down 1 quart, plus the full flow replacement filter, oil sample, and 1.5 quarts for Motorguard M100. Came out to 4 quarts of oil.

Originally Posted By: A310
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Is that 20,000 miles or Kilometres?

20,000 miles:)

Then I'd say it looks pretty decent!

Good to see that the old V-10 is holding up well for you! Hopefully it continues to do so to allow you to get the 4-53T into your F-350, which in that application will really be a 4-53TI with the inter cooler which was never used in a production Detroit 53 series. Keep up the good work and put your forklift to work!

Originally Posted By: Marco620
4 qts? Sounds like new oci.
Plus the add oil for the filters.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Good to see that the old V-10 is holding up well for you! Hopefully it continues to do so to allow you to get the 4-53T into your F-350, which in that application will really be a 4-53TI with the inter cooler which was never used in a production Detroit 53 series. Keep up the good work and put your forklift to work!

Thanks Luke, The V10 is running great and no codes since I fixed the 02 sensor and the ground fault. Just finished putting my 2 post lift up and the forklift was great for the job. I'm now going to work on the 6.4 to replace the front cover and bad injector before I pull it out to sell. Can't wait to start thr engine swap.:)

"TBN 2.1 is still good"
very funny guy in blackstone
smirk.gif

oil is dead

Last edited:
A310
It's great to see someone actually use a bypass filter the way it was designed to be used! Congrats on the 20k mile oci. Keep up the good work.

I'm confused as to how 4 quarts of makeup oil in a 6 quart sump resulted in 2.1 TBN in this report.

Originally Posted By: JAG
As addyguy said, the additive pacakage is far from being what’s in current or past Mobil 1.

It doesn't even match the "Mobil Super Synthetic" flavor either. Certainly not Mobil1.
Wondering if it was done at a shop, and if they really put in Mobil1 or simply substituted in something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back