Red Line 5W30, 8k mi OCI, 83k mi, Cadillac CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
All mileage is in kilometres. OLM was at 0%.

Notes from oil slip: Oil was low below minimum line, had to add 1qt. Maybe due to winter autocross weekend I did and did not check oil level.

Previous fill was RL 15W50.

lOooQCy.png

Those LSxx motors still like to eat some oil between OCI's I see... I think I'd be concerned and a bit ticked if my $80k car ate 1-3 quarts between short interval OCI's...

It just baffles me why GM has never corrected this. I've beat Ford 4.6l and 5.0l engines to death over the course of many years and they never used that much oil unless I had a heavy leak or other mechanical problem.

Either way, back on point that RedLine oil looks good. Too bad you have to take a second mortgage out to run it regularly...

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Those LSxx motors still like to eat some oil between OCI's I see... I think I'd be concerned and a bit ticked if my $80k car ate 1-3 quarts between short interval OCI's...

It just baffles me why GM has never corrected this. I've beat Ford 4.6l and 5.0l engines to death over the course of many years and they never used that much oil unless I had a heavy leak or other mechanical problem.

Either way, back on point that RedLine oil looks good. Too bad you have to take a second mortgage out to run it regularly...

It maybe engineered that way. If you take care of it you're always topping off with fresh oil
that keeps the add pack stout....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: racin4ds

Seriously? MANY vehicles are known for burning oil, including expensive European cars, "reliable" imports (Honda/Toyota/etc), and I don't see you complaining.

The oil burning is almost non-existent if I did only regular driving. It usually happens at a track event or autocross, so I just make sure to check the oil before and after to make sure it's within spec. I don't really mind.

Blackstone told my friend they could not analyze his oil from his new Suzuki GSXR because particles were too big!!! go figure!!! i don't put much stock in the cheap oil tests most forum members get!!

Have you considered using Renewable Lubricants HD SHP 5w40 or 15w40 low ash ? It would be interesting to see how it performs against redline on the wear metals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back