Mobil1 0W20EP “Blend”, 5k mi, 17 Honda Pilot @20k

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, first sample from our 2017 Pilot. It was a blend of 4 qt M1 0W20 EP and 1.5 qt M1 0W-40 that I still have from our Audi days. Wix 57356XP filter. Not sure what to make of the Cu.

Went back with same oil blend and Fram Ultra 7317. Will run oil for 5k and filter for 10k going forward.

And, for those who will ask why I’m running EP only 5k miles, it’s because I have over 120 qts I got at AZ for $1 or $2 and I like changing my oil.
wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif
Thank you for posting this.

Do you remember, by any chance, how much “oil life” is the maintenance minder displaying when you’re around 5k miles?

I'm surprised the KV100 is 8.
Thats definitely a 20 weight you ended with, but you had a starting, fresh oil KV100 = 9.6 with that mix.
I guess there must be a small amount of fuel dilution, with the expected about 1 cSt drop from normal VII shearing, which would equal the 1.6 cSt drop.
Without the 28% 0w40, it would have been lower. Nice result really.
Smart to use a Fram Ultra this time, since the Wix XP oil filter is infamous for poor filtering efficiency.

Last edited:
This engine dilutes. Both of my UOA showed fuel dilution present and 20wght sheared/diluted to 7cst.
Wear metals look aimilar to mine although i ran shorter intervals. Going for 4.5k this time around with PP. currently at 3.6k and mm at 40%

Originally Posted By: nap
thumbsup2.gif
Thank you for posting this.

Do you remember, by any chance, how much “oil life” is the maintenance minder displaying when you’re around 5k miles?

Honestly, no. I don't reset the MM with an oil change. I reset when I get a message at 15% so I don't miss a code. But, I'd say it runs on pace for about 7500 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back