Calcium 1720
Magnesium 3
Phosphorus 716
Zinc 801
(All other numbers 0)

SUS @210 =61.2
Flashpoint =440
TBN =9.5

Oil analysis performed by Blackstone Labs on 6 Jan 03.

61.2=10.6cst at 100c by the way.

This is the oil going in my sister's car for the next two intervals. Each interval will be 6.2k (10,000km) since she racks up highway miles fast (about 500mi per week, sometimes more)

Nice TBN and flashpoint for a low cost oil, and a nice little dose of moly too. This oil sells for 95 cents US per L up here at Walmart right now! (a 4L jug is $5.98 CDN)

Patman,

Since millerl is from Belgium, I'm wondering if the GTX he's had tested is the same GTX sold in the North American market. If he got it in Europe, it isn't.

The GTX is shipped to Belgium and is a AFEES (US product), millerl can confirm that for us.

This is more of a continuation from my post on the SuperTech oil, but other than moly, this virgin analysis looks almost exactly like the Valvoline that was claimed to be "not worth putting on the shelves of walmart".

quote:

Originally posted by Chris A:
This is more of a continuation from my post on the SuperTech oil, but other than moly, this virgin analysis looks almost exactly like the Valvoline that was claimed to be "not worth putting on the shelves of walmart".

I don't think the Valvoline had a TBN as high as this though did it? Or a flashpoint this high.

Yes indeed fellas, I bought it at the Base Exchange...it's the same old US-spec Castrol GTX you get at Walmart, etc. Uhm, except that I certainly don't get it at the Walmart prices! LOL. We have to pay closer to $1.69 for it...ouch!

hooah!

The PX/BX at Ft Bragg looked and smelled JUST LIKE Wal-Mart, except there are a bunch of NCOs and enlisted walking around w/ BDUs and caps instead of soccer moms and kiddies running around.

Here in Malaysia Castrol launched a new API SL Castrol GTX last year. I just got the data sheet today. These are the numbers:

SAE Rating: 15W-40
Density @ 15°C, g/cm3: 0.884
KV @ 100°C, cSt: 14.4
KV @ 40°C, cSt: 103
Viscosity Index: 138
Flash Point (PMCC)°C: 200
TBN, mg KOH/g: 8.8
CCS, @ -15°C, cP: 3200
Pour Point °C: -32

The oil does contain moly.

Terry, JB,

Was this the same oil Castrol that Ken used that turned in such great analysis numbers?

[ February 26, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Terry, JB,

Was this the same oil Castrol that Ken used that turned in such great analysis numbers?

Nope. I think this is the oil your asking about,,and FWIW it really does not have enough miles on the interval to deem it a great oil IMO

Castrol RS 10/50

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000168

Here is the latest analysis using Shell Helix

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000338

[ February 26, 2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Ohy-ya-ve-te-ahe.

That's Cherokee for, "Boy did I misread that."

pat.gif

Thanks for the clarification.

That comes from the long walk our ancestors took to get to the promised land of Eastern Oklahoma !
canada.gif

Bror, I have been called a " wind breaker"
lol.gif
but not the kind you would want to wear !!!!

Cherokee has a written form so it would not have been a good code language.

I don't speak it but I can read some from Sequoyah's syllabary and my Cherokee English Dictionary.

My Grandmother is Cherokee, from near Mena ,Arkansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back