new Win10 feature out today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that I enjoy having my PC crash and get the BSOD I installed the latest Win10 feature today.

I lost count after 5 of the BSOD since 10:00 AM this morning.

Choose wisely.

Installed on my Home Win 10 Pro 1709 build without an issue.

Installed on my work Win 10 1709 Ent build without any issues.

So far so good here, sorry about your bad luck!

(BSOD=Blue screen of death)

Blue Screen of Death; a not so common once more common 'feature' of windows of crashing and the user sees his work disappear in front of him.

Suggesting here that Matt return to his 'change the oil' thread and pull an all nighter reading his Audi Owner's Manual.

They even dumbed down the BSOD starting from Windows 8 I think
mad.gif

If it's going to BSOD on me, at least show me all the random code text and [censored] even if I have no clue what it means
banana2.gif
crazy2.gif

Its the Win10 spring feature with new features that will amaze you (or not).

Each BSOD sends an email filled with diag info to Bill Gates. Or maybe a coworker at Microsoft.

The only recent BSOD issues I had, was with a corrupted OS partition on a HDD. Even my old netbook has no issues with all of its original hardware...
21.gif

Google how to determine the cause of BSOD. A file is saved somewhere. I don't remember the steps, but I do recall figuring it out after a few minutes of searching...

Originally Posted By: Donald

Choose wisely.

Does the new W-10 Download give us options to refuse some of their garbage.... (like Cortana)? In prior major downloads, they forcibly installed stuff I either have no idea how to run, nor do I want..... (like Pocket).

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: Donald

Choose wisely.

Does the new W-10 Download give us options to refuse some of their garbage.... (like Cortana)? In prior major downloads, they forcibly installed stuff I either have no idea how to run, nor do I want..... (like Pocket).

What percentage of features were you using before these unwanted new ones were forced on you?
27.gif

I got the download for win 10 pro v. 1803 last night- automatically installed , no problems- took about 10 minutes. It restarts several times during the install.
Followed it up with a full scan of Comrade Kaspersky total security.

Originally Posted By: 928
I got the download for win 10 pro v. 1803 last night- automatically installed , no problems- took about 10 minutes. It restarts several times during the install.
Followed it up with a full scan of Comrade Kaspersky total security.

This thread was my reminder to check. Installed April edition in about the same time.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Blue Screen of Death; a not so common once more common 'feature' of windows of crashing and the user sees his work disappear in front of him.

Suggesting here that Matt return to his 'change the oil' thread and pull an all nighter reading his Audi Owner's Manual.

Brother, you are one tough task master.
grin.gif

Updated all 3 of my PC's at the same time and hooray nothing didn't break.

Welp it broke GTA:V again. I'm starting to think that the program does not take well to OS updates. This time it screwed up how it utilizes CPU cores maxing out 2/4 cores. Updating drivers did not help so OS reinstall it is.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Updated all 3 of my PC's at the same time and hooray nothing didn't break.

You sir are a brave man.

I finally went back to the prior build level which removes 1803. No issues after doing that. Paused updates for 6 weeks. Not sure what is unique about this HP ProBook. It does have 8th gen Intel I7 CPU. Not much else is unique.

I am another victim of the 1803 update. About ready to lose my mind! Have done it on 2 PC's from 1709 without issue but a BRAND NEW out of the box Dell Laptop I am helping a guy setup it just does not get along with it. I have tried 3 times now, and it takes all day to do it on this as well, and each time it does update but then performance goes in the tank and it takes about 20 minutes to boot. Get a black screen after the login screen for about 19 minutes of that. Usually the desktop eventually appears but not always. Just had it. Rolling back to 1709 and disabling any more updates. My Sister had it brick her laptop and work PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back