AutoZone score!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now AutoZone is clearing out Pentosin antifreeze. 1.5L bottles are $5 and gallons are $10.

Scored 12x bottles of SF and 12x bottles of E.

Well done. Grab it all
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
What brand or brands of cars use this type / brand of antifreeze ?

All Asian - those coolants come in gallons.

The 1.5L bottles are for European cars.

I have never heard of them either. But then again, I only use the regular old fashioned green stuff or DexCool.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Well done. Grab it all
laugh.gif

I grabbed all of their G12 and G13.

Nice.

I'm gonna check my local AZ too, good to have around for the GTI

Thanks for the heads up.

All Asian - those coolants come in gallons.

The 1.5L bottles are for European cars.

I own 3 GM cars , but the only one partially Asian is the 2015 Chevy Sonic & it calls for Dexcool .

Thanks , :)

Right now AutoZone is clearing out Pentosin antifreeze. 1.5L bottles are $5 and gallons are $10.

Scored 12x bottles of SF and 12x bottles of E.

To do what with? You have a fleet of vehicles?

Originally Posted By: thastinger
To do what with? You have a fleet of vehicles?

The Porsche takes 6 gallons. The Audi takes 3.5 gallons.

I went on the Pentosin website and it seems that the 1.5 liter bottles are for European vehicles (mainly VW) while the gallon jugs are for Asian vehicles...The EL Green and Red are concentrates while the Super EL Pink and Blue are 50/50 pre-mixed...all of these Asian formula's are HOAT's that contain phosphates and appear to be the exact same except for the dye color. The only thing I don't understand is why the concentrate is only 'Extended life' while the 50/50 pre-mix is 'Super Extended Life'??? What are opinions on how long the concentrate EL can be run in a Hyundai or Mazda or Toyota?

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Well done. Grab it all
laugh.gif

Now you got enough for 50+ years. I hope your cars make it.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I went on the Pentosin website and it seems that the 1.5 liter bottles are for European vehicles (mainly VW) while the gallon jugs are for Asian vehicles...The EL Green and Red are concentrates while the Super EL Pink and Blue are 50/50 pre-mixed...all of these Asian formula's are HOAT's that contain phosphates and appear to be the exact same except for the dye color. The only thing I don't understand is why the concentrate is only 'Extended life' while the 50/50 pre-mix is 'Super Extended Life'??? What are opinions on how long the concentrate EL can be run in a Hyundai or Mazda or Toyota?

My conclusion on the Pentofrost Asian Green(A2) and Red(A1) has been that they are like the older style Asian AFs they are formulated to match. Shorter service interval for Nissan/Subaru Green and Toyota Red LL, equals ~2years/30k mi. service interval, both come/came in a concentrate. Fine for Asian applications but shorter service interval than newer premix Phoats.

Only aftermarket Asian AF with an extended service interval that comes in a concentrate is PepBoys OEM Concentrate. Haven't checked recently on availability, it seemed to be becoming more scarce.

Originally Posted By: Lubener

Again, and I'm not sure why it's anyone's business, but my two current cars together take almost 10 gallons. And I go through cars pretty quick. And I do coolant flushes every 3yr/30k.

And my dad has a Jetta.

And my sister has a Rabbit.

Again, and I'm not sure why it's anyone's business, but my two current cars together take almost 10 gallons. And I go through cars pretty quick. And I do coolant flushes every 3yr/30k.

And my dad has a Jetta.

People on this site hoard oil and buy way more than they need, but when someone who is clearly into European cars buys an excess of Euro spec'd coolant, people lose their freaking minds..

And my dad has a Jetta.

You made it everyones business when you created the thread.

You made it everyones business when you created the thread.

I created the thread to let people know they could get a quality coolant for ~60% off.

Now get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back