Renewable Lubricants Bio-plus-Anyone using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Anyone have any experience with Renewable Lubricants Bio-Plus Injector Cleaner Gas Conditioner?

My brother just started using this in his car. Up until now, he has used MMO, Redline SI-1, Amsoil PI occasionally, with no issue. With this Renewable Lubricants Bio-Plus, he has used it for several tanks to make sure everything is good and clean.

On the last tank, the fuel gauge started acting up. It rose and pegged out at the Full mark, even though he had only a half of a tank. He went on a road trip to different town, and on the way back, he put in a few dollars to make sure he made it home. He said the fuel gauge seemed to be working after he got the gas. So, he drove his car until he went to fill it back up. With about a quarter of a tank left, he filled it up. He was surprised at how much gas he put in, because he knows how much it takes to fill up, wither it is empty or quarter tank or a eighth of a tank. It seems like the gauge was giving a wrong reading, registering a higher level than what was in the tank.

Now, he is wondering if the Renewable Lubricants if affecting the fuel gauge? It has never given him any trouble up until now.

Last edited:
What is the year make and model of the car? GM had issues with their gas gauges and recommended using Techron IIRC as possible fix before dropping the tank and doing a costly repair. I doubt it has anything to do with the additive, it could be just bad luck.

Last edited:
I read that about GM and their suggestion to try Techron as well.

It is a 1997 Honda Civic. He bought it in 2007 with around 90,000 miles. In the entire time he has owned it, never any trouble with the fuel gauge. Or the fuel pump either.

I had an older accord mid 90's with a manual fuel gauge and did similar thing randomly, after some search it seemed to be a common issue.

I just started keeping track of overall mileage in trip meter, just to make life easy.

Although, I never had a permanent issue, it was just random.

Originally Posted By: njohnson
I read that about GM and their suggestion to try Techron as well.

It is a 1997 Honda Civic. He bought it in 2007 with around 90,000 miles. In the entire time he has owned it, never any trouble with the fuel gauge. Or the fuel pump either.

A 97, things start going wrong. I'd dose it with Techron just for the [censored] of it and see if it helps any.

Several years ago there was a refinery that had a bad batch with an excessive amount of sulfur. Problem wasn't this it was detected, issue was they knew about it and released to market. Memos came about where they decided it was worth it to deal with complaints rather than fix or dump it. Some were able to use a good cleaner then fill up at a station with a responsible supplier and all was good. I was not in that group my towncar required changing the level sensor and gage cluster (thanks ford) because of how it was designed, not cheap.

That was associated with the transition from 1000 wppm max sulfur hard limit in gasoline to 30 wppm max sulfur average in gasoline in 2004. Both Shell Norco in Louisiana and Marathon Petroleum in Cattletsburg, KY had issues where some gasoline product released for sale met the new total sulfur limit but still had some H2S content that interfered with fuel level sensors. Part of the issue IIRC was use of silver in the fuel tank level sensors in the USA where the European fuel level sensors used gold. Indeed many motorists were able to resolve the issue with several back-to-back treatments with fuel system cleaner within a few tankfuls, others were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back