Air leak from windshield

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
I had the windshield replaced in my Jeep back in December with a new Mopar glass. Everything seemed fine until this weekend when I noticed a lot of wind noise while on the highway coming from the top of the windshield that hadn't been there previously.

Any idea why this issue just appeared after 4 months?

Probably because it didn't seal correctly? Just take it back and get in fixed. I'm sure the dealership or who ever installed Mopar glass will take care of you.

Whoever installed the windshield should fix it free no problem.

We had that with the Trailblazer with Safelite. They came out and re-glued it, nice and quiet afterwards.

This has turned into a total nightmare. Last week I had the company back out, first guy claims no leak but says the molding isn't installed correctly causing a buffering noise between the windshield and roof. They reschedule to R&R the windshield because they want a replacement on hand in case it cracks while removing it.

Second guy comes out and says that's impossible and there's no way that molding can make noise. He sprays water at the base of the windshield and shows me it's leaking water! He proceeds to squirt a 1" wide bead of urethane along the base at the cowl! I said that's totally unacceptable and made them R&R the windshield.

Drove it around town the next few days, everything seemed fine. Mother in law comes into town to visit and my partner takes her up to Sedona in the Jeep. They come back and say there's a weird noise coming from the windshield. We're out in it today and sure enough, as soon as you hit 70 MPH there's a really weird rattling noise coming from the base of the windshield. Holding down on the dash does nothing to stop it.

To add to this, there's another noise coming from the back where some lady hit me, and when I was riding in the backseat last week I found a broken piece of trim from that repair. Can't anything get repaired correctly? This poor car has been hacked together and relegated to heap status from a minor accident and windshield replacement.

Get someone to record with your phone the noise while driving, then show the glass company.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Get someone to record with your phone the noise while driving, then show the glass company.

I think I got buy in to trade both cars in on a 392 Challenger!
H72WS1z.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I think I got buy in to trade both cars in on a 392 Challenger!
H72WS1z.gif

That's one way to fix it
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back