Drove a few hours just for food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been known to do that... with family in tow. It's fun to go see and find new places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavern_sandwich

"The sandwich is now well known throughout the Midwestern United States, and is served not only in small, local establishments but also in franchise restaurant locations such as Dairy Queen and Maid-Rite.
The Wichita, Kansas-based chain Nu Way Cafe serves a version of the tavern/loose meat sandwich called a "Nu Way".[8] In Illinois, the sandwich is also known as a "loose hamburger sandwich".[9] In Iowa, it is sometimes referred to as a Maid-Rite."

Locations seem to be limited to Wichita

I've been to Wichita; you should have visited the Kansas Aviation Museum after driving hours, not eaten half hearted sloppy joes. j/k

I drive 45 min's one way to get Casa Azteca (O'Fallon, Illinois) Mexican food. Been following them since 1989.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: dave123
I wouldn’t go if it was even out my back door.

2. It took 2 replies for the 'ew fast food' crowd to come flying in like a bunch of crows.

Whataburger, Pensacola fl, since 1967, only 8 hrs from me,,,worth it,,well maybe the ocean to boot..lol

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Originally Posted By: dave123
I wouldn’t go if it was even out my back door.

2. It took 2 replies for the 'ew fast food' crowd to come flying in like a bunch of crows.

In my neck of the woods they are called food snobs. But, different strokes for different folks.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Whataburger, Pensacola fl, since 1967, only 8 hrs from me,,,worth it,,well maybe the ocean to boot..lol

Save yourself the drive and go to Smashburger instead.
smile.gif

In the aviation community, there's a thing known as the $100 burger. Basically people just jump into a plane, fly somewhere and get a burger. $100+ once you account for the airtime on the engine.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
In the aviation community, there's a thing known as the $100 burger. Basically people just jump into a plane, fly somewhere and get a burger. $100+ once you account for the airtime on the engine.

Yeah..... but that's just a "tongue-in-cheek" excuse to GO Flying!!!

Was gonna post this.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Yeah..... but that's just a "tongue-in-cheek" excuse to GO Flying!!!

Yeah, this was just a good excuse to go driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back