Who makes blue supertech filters now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all was in Walmart going to grab a white wix made ST8 and found blue e-cores supertech? Are they back to champ labs or something..I opted for an "improved Fram PH8A" little info on both..seems some changes came for 2018..thanks again..

Last edited:
Who made the ones they just discontinued? I scored fifteen ST9972s on closeout at $.75 each for my RAV4. Have one on right now, don't know if I'll use the rest.

Any feelings out there on quality? No brainer on construction since there is no steel case to hide the innards.

What about filtration quality?

Originally Posted By: HouseTiger
Supertech oil filters are made by Champion Labs, or Champion Automotive (Federal Mogul) ?
If that's true, why does a ST10358 look exactly like a Fram (except obviously the label)?

Originally Posted By: David2431
Who made the ones they just discontinued? I scored fifteen ST9972s on closeout at $.75 each for my RAV4. Have one on right now, don't know if I'll use the rest.

Any feelings out there on quality? No brainer on construction since there is no steel case to hide the innards.

What about filtration quality?

Been using ST filters for years , going back when they were in a black can before the white ones. Never any issues and ran them in a car for 160,000 miles without any problems. Especially if your not going that many miles between oil changes. People on this site seem to have confidence in Wix made filters.

The current ST spin on/canister applications are made by Champ Labs, with some/few exceptions, majority are ecores.

As for ST cartridges, not having carefully inspected them, my speculation would if not made by them then whoever Champ Labs contracts to make them.

Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: HouseTiger
Supertech oil filters are made by Champion Labs, or Champion Automotive (Federal Mogul) ?
If that's true, why does a ST10358 look exactly like a Fram (except obviously the label)?

I don't know, that's why I asked the question ( note the ?? )

I was just in Walmart and the new ST filters have a good for 10,000 miles stamped on the box. The price was just $2.84 and I saw a few people put them in their cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back