Who has the slowest internet here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7268630188.png

This is mine on a good day and why I stick to all text sites like BITOG. Surprised I was even able to test. In the past when I tried it would just drop or not load.

7268642326.png

and they claim 100mbps is their new base speed...
up until 2 yrs ago we had century link dsl. it would hit 1.5mpbs on an exceptionally good day.
we would go offline if there was even a stitch of wind in the area.
it ticked my brother off all the time. it took minutes to download an app on his Ipad.

Last edited:
Download 0.20 mbps ? You still using AOL ?

Ping = 13 ms

Download = 75.55 mbps

Upload = 6.11 mbps

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Are you still using a phone modem?
smile.gif

We were promised a wireless tower 10 yrs ago and actually there is a tremendous site for one. Obviously not enough people or density for them to do it. My closest neighbor is about a mile to the south and the house is empty. Very rural and remote part of eastern Washington around 3,000ft elevation. Modem is a Century Link.

Wow! I thought my internet was bad at 8 Mbps (typical) download!

While I can live with slow-ish internet, I'm definitely going to be switching my broadband supplier when my two year contract ends in August. We've been with the same supplier since 2007 and feel thoroughly exploited. We pay £31.50/month ($US 44/month) for what is a slow & sporadic 17 Mbps (joke!) ASDL line and an ancient single band, n330 wifi router. With Vodafone I can get 32 Mbps fibre & an up-to-date, dual band ac1600 modem-router for £18.50/month.

Even if it turns out to be rubbish (so many people are really unhappy with their broadband speeds regardless of supplier) at least I'll be saving myself some coin.

my download is good and honestly the upload isnt so bad.. until recently we had 1mbit upload except on super expensive plans then you had 5mbit upload

currently
10mbit upload 100mbit download but they over-provision about 10%

Wow...and I thought mine was slow (4.25 mb/s) vs. everyone else. At your rate, running a script blocker or ad blocker would save BW and increase your page load a bit.

6.72 down, 0.8 up. 20ms ping. This is a 6Mb ATT dsl plan for $50 or $60/month. It’s my only option other than satellite at this time.

Originally Posted By: Rand
my download is good and honestly the upload isnt so bad.. until recently we had 1mbit upload except on super expensive plans then you had 5mbit upload

currently
10mbit upload 100mbit download but they over-provision about 10%

Last night it took over 30 mins to upload one pic into photobucket at 0.07 mbps. Cells phones don't work out here either unless I hike about 2,000 ft west on top of a small hill.. Some people lately have had good luck with AT&T in this area so I might look into that. I do carry a Trac phone when traveling.

I'm posting from 56k dial up

Fight me
coffee2.gif

My usual connectivity is 75/75 FiOS

Really should up that to gigabit

Need to look at C&Ps and stories of LSPI just that little bit faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back