What seat position do you usually like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my seat low, way back and reclined part way.

My wife on the other hand likes her seat up higher, closer to the wheel and the seat back almost straight up.

Just kidding & having fun!!!
laugh.gif

I like to be more upright with aggressive lumbar.

Last edited:
There's general guidance for how to set the seat specifically for pedal/knee angle, and how extended your arm will be when on the wheel. I generally go with what I learned at the BMW driving center.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Whaaaaat? None of your business!

You nut.... too bad they don't have rocking chair seats. I would be all in!

Last edited:
Just think, they used to...sort of!
Lincoln Town Car...living room on wheels!

Or a 2003 Grand Marquis!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Scooted as far back as possible, and reclined a bit. Much more comfortable.

I'm going to customize my Jeep's seat frame here soon to make it go further back, I'm too tall for it. Bought the steel last week.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Scooted as far back as possible, and reclined a bit. Much more comfortable

Same here at 6' 4"

I removed the front seat so I can sit the in the back to drive around. That way legroom is better. I had windows tinted because of getting too many looks, stares and pointed at.

For me it depends on the vehicle. Not too far upright, not too far reclined, kind of medium seat height is my preference.

I hear you though. I dunno how my darling bride drives with the seat almost less than a 90deg angle!

At 6'4" I find it difficult to get really comfortable in any car. If I reach the steering wheel comfortably, my legs are bent too much. If my legs are comfortably stretched, I cant reach the wheel. For me comfort is defined by the distance of the steering wheel from the pedals.

I'm 6'1"
All the way back but tilted towards the front, so that I can still see the squirrels crossing the road.
I don't stop but give them a good horn.
shocked.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
There's general guidance for how to set the seat specifically for pedal/knee angle, and how extended your arm will be when on the wheel. I generally go with what I learned at the BMW driving center.

This. That's exactly how I set mine
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman

My wife on the other hand likes her seat up higher, closer to the wheel and the seat back almost straight up.

X2
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman

+ a few more
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Scooted as far back as possible, and reclined a bit. Much more comfortable.

Bingo!
Only when I started driving Auto transmission cars have I adopted this position.
Feels much better than the closer, upright position I use when driving manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back