Castrol Edge Euro 0w40, 8k mi, 2007 BMW 530i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I listen to blackstone and go 10k or try 7k next oci? I am using the same oil again. It's castrol edge european formula, black bottle.

10k should be fine with this oil, albeit there is fuel dilution concern ....
which isn't detrimental to metal wear rates, yet.

I'm guessing the fuel dilution may be because this oci was over 2 winters and 1 summer.

..and that 2 winters possibly contribute to higher ppm's in Al,Fe and Cu too, as a result of corrosions.

I'd probably run another 8k.

I'm running Castrol 0w40 in my GF's 2006 325xi, also with an N52. The car has about 135k miles and runs nice and quiet.

How clean is the engine looking inside? Have you check the inside of the PCV hoses to see if it has crusties or mayonnaise or just decent looking film of oil? I ask because I think what will limit your OCI is the oil’s ability to keep the engine clean rather than too low TBN or too high wear metals.

I am the orig owner. This is the longest oci i have ever went. Usually stay in the 5k-6k range. The car is also garage kept so i doubt there is corrosion from moisture. Engine is literally spotless inside. Although it has developed a slight lifter tick when cold sometimes, within the last few thousand miles, which is common of this year before the technical update.

Very clean! If you do longer OCIs than you used to, just keep an eye on the cleanliness in there. The good thing is that it is so quick and easy to do and costs you no money.

I would keep doing what you’re doing. 5-6k OCI. Once you get varnish buildup under the valve cover it’s generally there for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back