Honda Genuine SN 0W30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nap

Hi All, long time lurker here at his first post.

I just came across this article:

http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/new-honda-genuine-oil-introduced-at-authorised-service-centres/

about this new oil for the Malaysian market.

I find it pretty intriguing, especially with the comment "The new 0W-30 Genuine Oil is specially for use in the Civic Type R and Accord V6 but can also be used in other models if owners would like to use it". In a market where Honda 0W20 and 5W30 already exist, and the climate doesn't really command a 0W.

Does anyone have any more information and could point me to some product information sheet, VOA or UOA for this product?

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
When are they going to make minus zero weight oil?

Given that the "0W" is good to -40C, they will have to start inhabiting colder places, or re-define J300 to do something else.

And then sell it in the tropics.

When we inhabit Mars, I hear winter is pretty cold there.
wink.gif
My bet is if we start seeing that oil here sooner or later we'll hear that the Honda oil pictured could be regarded as the next TGMO 0W20, only in a 30 grade.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
[...] My bet is if we start seeing that oil here sooner or later we'll hear that the Honda oil pictured could be regarded as the next TGMO 0W20, only in a 30 grade.

Well my hope is indeed that it is like the 0W20 except it has a 30 grade. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Probably re-branded M1 AFE 0w30. Certainly not the heavy A3/B4 Castrol 0w30 stuff.

There is right now in eu Castrol 0w-30 acea a5

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

When we inhabit Mars, I hear winter is pretty cold there.
wink.gif

MPI approved = Martian Petroleum Institute

Originally Posted By: Bjornviken

We also used to have an ILSAC 0w-30 from Castrol but that's long gone, after no one, including VW/Audi dealers, realised there was a difference between it and A3/B4.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

We also used to have an ILSAC 0w-30 from Castrol but that's long gone, after no one, including VW/Audi dealers, realised there was a difference between it and A3/B4.
wink.gif

Ok, good to know =), do you have the non ilsac verison of the castrol edge a5 api SL?

Is there anything "SPECIAL, MAGICAL, UNICORNISH" about this oil that it should ONLY be used in Honda's? IF I wanted to try this oil in my 150K mile Ford 4.2V6, is there anything preventing me from doing so, besides price and availability?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Is there anything "SPECIAL, MAGICAL, UNICORNISH" about this oil that it should ONLY be used in Honda's? IF I wanted to try this oil in my 150K mile Ford 4.2V6, is there anything preventing me from doing so, besides price and availability?
21.gif

No, and no. I like the packaging though........

Originally Posted By: nap
Hi All, long time lurker here at his first post.

I just came across this article:

http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/new-honda-genuine-oil-introduced-at-authorised-service-centres/

about this new oil for the Malaysian market.

I find it pretty intriguing, especially with the comment "The new 0W-30 Genuine Oil is specially for use in the Civic Type R and Accord V6 but can also be used in other models if owners would like to use it". In a market where Honda 0W20 and 5W30 already exist, and the climate doesn't really command a 0W.

Does anyone have any more information and could point me to some product information sheet, VOA or UOA for this product?

Wef Nov 2014, 5W40 removed from new line-up.

https://www.wemotor.com/blog/2014/12/honda-malaysia-introduces-new-range-genuine-engine-oil/

Ok, good to know =), do you have the non ilsac verison of the castrol edge a5 api SL?

No, at least not that I've seen live or on their website. We just have the 0w-30 A3/B4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back