Rotella T6 0w40, 5.5k mi, 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the first UOA that I've taken from my used 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. I ran the T6 0w40 over the winter months for 5.5k miles. I did a lot of remote starts in the mornings before work. I wouldn't say that where I live is extreme cold but it does snow here and drop below freezing sometimes.

I refilled with Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40 CK-4 version.

Rotella as far as I know does not even make a 0w40 oil? There T6 as far as I know is -- 5W40 and the new T6 Multi Vehicle 5W30.

Sure would like to see my Wix report I've been waiting two months now. An email was returned you'll be hearing from us shortly that was 6 weeks ago. My sample went to the Portland OR lab.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Rotella as far as I know does not even make a 0w40 oil? There T6 as far as I know is -- 5W40 and the new T6 Multi Vehicle 5W30.

It's not very common but they do make a 0w40. I've only ever seen it online here in California.

Next you're going to tell me that they don't make a half ton diesel
lol.gif
I kid.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Sure would like to see my Wix report I've been waiting two months now. An email was returned you'll be hearing from us shortly that was 6 weeks ago. My sample went to the Portland OR lab.

My results never showed either. After waiting 6 weeks and checking my junk mail I ended up calling them this morning. They had the results, double checked my email address, and emailed them to me. Guess that's what I get for buying the discounted Wix kits off Rock Auto instead of staying with Blackstone. 800.394.3669

I sent my sample to Oregon too. Put it in a padded envelope.

I service my friends 2015 Grand Cherokee with the EcoDiesel.
What filter are you using? The $70 dealer filter is crazy!
Any reason you switched to Mobil1?

Is 5w40 Jeep's recommended viscosity now?
I think originally it was something like 5w30.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: JeffKeryk
I service my friends 2015 Grand Cherokee with the EcoDiesel.
What filter are you using? The $70 dealer filter is crazy!
Any reason you switched to Mobil1?

Is 5w40 Jeep's recommended viscosity now?
I think originally it was something like 5w30.

Thanks.

I use a Pronto synthetic filter from Rock Auto for $7. Most of the aftermarket filters are the repackaged Bulgarian made filters which I'm sure are fine but I'm a sucker for the words Synthetic and Sale. I'm only running 5k OCI's so I'm not concerned with a long running filter. I do wish that Fram made an Ultra for this engine though!

I'm not sure if the Cherokee EcoDiesel had the oil spec changed also but it's the same engine so I would use a 5w40 HDEO in it too.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Please tell us about your truck in detail- any issues, mpg, etc. thanks!

I've been driving this truck for about 8k miles now. I'm averaging 23mpg. That's with a 26 mile commute with one was being a 2,600ft elevation gain. No engine issues so far but there have been a lot of cosmetic issues. I had the vinyl window wraps, windshield cowell, roof weather strips, and center console lid all replaced under the 36k bumper to bumper warranty. It's my first "new" truck, last one was a '98, so I love it and think it drives like a dream. Going to be doing a few trips this summer hauling a 26ft Jayco.

There's a lot of the new 2017 models going for a steal here in California at Elk Grove Dodge.

SavagePatch, not to derail thread, but do you still have the CX-9? I appreciate the UOAs you posted. I traded mine in with 60,100 miles recently.

Giddy up on the RT0w40...... I have been running HDEO's in my EcoD ever since the manufacture acceptance.

70k miles and counting......

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
SavagePatch, not to derail thread, but do you still have the CX-9? I appreciate the UOAs you posted. I traded mine in with 60,100 miles recently.

Yes, we still have it. 110k miles. Running PPHM 5w30 now. The starter sounds like it may be going out so I'll be replacing that soon enough. Put some Falkon Wildpeak AT3W's on it this winter. With the new tires and the AWD it's a beast in the snow!. It's an '08 for those who don't know already.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
It's not very common but they do make a 0w40. I've only ever seen it online here in California.

Great geographical marketing choice for the 0w-XX option.
wink.gif
Here, it's found on the shelf quite easily.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
The iron and aluminum numbers look really good, and soot is only 0.5%
thumbsup2.gif

Do the low Soot and Fuel %'s indicate that the DPF is burning off completely/efficiently?

I've never owned a diesel before this truck, fyi.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Here's the first UOA that I've taken from my used 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. I ran the T6 0w40 over the winter months for 5.5k miles. I did a lot of remote starts in the mornings before work. I wouldn't say that where I live is extreme cold but it does snow here and drop below freezing sometimes.

I refilled with Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40 CK-4 version.

Hey SavagePatch,
Where did you find the T6 0w40 ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back