HOME REMEDIES Zinc Oxide Folk Remedy- funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOME REMEDIES
Zinc Oxide Folk Remedy
Apr 04, 2017

Zinc oxide is a simple combination of zinc and oxygen. It has been used historically in topical preparations for diaper rash, a variety of skin conditions and as an ingredient in sunscreen. Zinc oxide has a long standing reputation as a safe natural remedy. The body needs zinc for proper immune function and skin repair

Zinc Oxide Instead of Deodorant--- thought this was funny--no I have not done this--lol

Zinc oxide creams can be used as an aluminum free deodorant alternative! You will want to use the cream after a shower, before bed. Wear a t-shirt to bed that you do not mind getting white stains on. At first, you may need this cream each night. Over time you may only need it every week or two!

Home remedies...

I should probably look this up but won't, isn't aluminum only a problem in antiperspirants?
I have never liked the idea of those and only use deodorants, usually Speed Stick in the classic scent (green?).

Zinc Oxide is an excellent (topical ... means external use only) wound dressing. Kills bacteria, keeps the wound dry which also prevents infection. No negative effect on the body. A jar will last forever, once you get past the diaper rash era you only will use small amounts after that.

It's the main ingredient in many sunscreens; you see pictures of skiers with the neon coloured version on their noses and under the eyes to prevent sunburn when using mirrored optics, it's exactly the same stuff.

I never use antipersperants, I just don't need them underarm. So no idea if the OP's use works, but I would not be surprised.

Zinc Oxide is the main ingredient in a cream deodorant called Lavilin, from Israel. It's been around for years. Works great. One application lasts for a week or two, but I don't like the fragrance they add to it.

So I use (get ready to laugh)... Cheap, plain, unflavored Milk of Magnesia. It's a great deodorant! Apply it to clean, dry underarms and give it a minute to dry. It kills odors for about 24 hours without aluminum, fragrance chemicals or anything other bad stuff.

I use it on my Pugs when they get infection in their skin folds. Desitin makes one that is 40%.

Originally Posted By: shiny
So I use (get ready to laugh)... Cheap, plain, unflavored Milk of Magnesia. It's a great deodorant! Apply it to clean, dry underarms and give it a minute to dry. It kills odors for about 24 hours without aluminum, fragrance chemicals or anything other bad stuff.

Milk of Magnesia is entirely gone from Oz

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: shiny

Milk of Magnesia is entirely gone from Oz

Really? That's nuts! It's such a benign old remedy. I'd be happy to mail you some if you like.

Underarm odor is caused not by bacteria, per se, but by bacteria poop. The magnesium in Milk of Magnesia and the zinc in Zinc Oxide kill the bacteria that feed off sweat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back