Mailing in to Blackstone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used Blackstone Lab's several time's in the past. I always shipped in a small box. Now with the free shipping, the shipping label is attached to the black bottle, I still want to ship in a small box, Do I just remove the label and place on the box? I know, what an ignorant question, but I had to ask, please don't hammer me.

The label was probably created for the dimensions of the bottle. Ask the people at USPS if the box would be ok with that label

Originally Posted By: 07titan
I've used Blackstone Lab's several time's in the past. I always shipped in a small box. Now with the free shipping, the shipping label is attached to the black bottle, I still want to ship in a small box, Do I just remove the label and place on the box? I know, what an ignorant question, but I had to ask, please don't hammer me.

Why not just mail the black plastic bottle as-is?

I’ve done it a couple dozen times with absolutely zero issues...

Originally Posted By: Balrog006

Some Post Offices insist on making it a painful experience. If it is (concealed, literally) in a box, they stop worrying.

The last time that I sent one in (using the new packaging and pre-paid label), I had to deal with a Nervous Nancy at the counter. Finally, I said to her... Listen, it is their packaging, with a pre-paid label on it. Don't you think that someone way up in the Post Office has already signed off on that packaging? It's got to be acceptable.

It shocked me when she agreed.

They have a letter on their website you can print out and show the nervous types at the Post Office.

No problems here either. The last time I dealt with Blackstone I took their prepaid deal and dropped in the mail box on the corner of my block. It got to them w/o issue.

Just don't want any problems. I do know about the letter on their website. I like the ideal about the mailbox, my post office has one out front, gonna just drop it in, Thanks to all.

I’ve never had the prepaid bottle arrive without issue (like disappearing for a week or more) that I can recall. I have sort of a running account of this sort of silliness in the UOA general questions forum.

The return service label actually appears to take the bottle to the “postage due unit” so presumably if you stuck it on a box Blackstone would simply get charged for the box, which they might not be too thrilled about... Suppose it wouldn’t hurt to give Blackstone a call...

Dropped off in mailbox this morning, will check the tracking number that is provided, tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
I usually tape the bottle, so that it ensures the lid cannot be screwed opened during transit.

Blackstone loves tape
wink.gif

Blackstone-FAQ

Never taken more than 3 days for Blackstone to receive my oil sample, when I shipped in a small box, usually within 10 days I would receive results. Well since Tuesday morning, when I dropped off in a mailbox, nothing but the same message when I check tracking, Status, Label created, not yet in system. A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS, check back soon. Same message since Wednesday. Didn't like the ideal of sending that black plastic bottle like that.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
I usually tape the bottle, so that it ensures the lid cannot be screwed opened during transit.

Blackstone loves tape
wink.gif

Blackstone-FAQ

I use packing tape on the big black bottle.

Give it a few weeks and it will turn up, it may turn up in anchorage, but it will turn up, then it will slowly make its way to Fort Wayne.

Never taken more than 3 days for Blackstone to receive my oil sample, when I shipped in a small box, usually within 10 days I would receive results. Well since Tuesday morning, when I dropped off in a mailbox, nothing but the same message when I check tracking, Status, Label created, not yet in system. A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS, check back soon. Same message since Wednesday. Didn't like the ideal of sending that black plastic bottle like that.

USPS if full of less than stellar employees who usually can’t be bothered to do anything but the minimum. I had a package delivered last week (eBay) tracking said exactly the same thing for days until the evening before delivery when it suddenly said it had left my local hub and was delivered the next AM. People along the chain are supposed to scan packages in and out, but they often get missed many steps in a row only to miraculously show up part way thru.

Moral of the story is, read the fine print on USPS tracking-it says something to the effect that it’s “worthless “ and isn’t to be used for anything. Forget tracking it-it will get to [censored] and they’ll run it when it shows up, when or how it’ll get there is like picking the lotto #’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back