No start string trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a no start Ryobi CS30 string trimmer. It worked great for years then I had problems starting and if it did it would eventually stop running for no obvious reason. I replaced the carb and even the ignition coil as well as a new spark plug. Once in a while I could get it started to run for a few minutes, but not usually. Also the fuel tank and lines are new. The other day I got it to start after dozens of pulls. It ran great for a brief period but it stopped and I could not get it started again. This engine is not rocket science but I have to admit I'm stumped. It's been a personal jihad to get this working but I'm afraid I already put more money into it than it's worth. Any advice? My Harbor Freight spark ignition tester shows that there is a spark upon cranking.

Whimsey

Yeah the spark arrestor can get plugged up. Happened to my homelite gas trimmer. Check the fuel oil mix. I have added slightly more oil than required and found that this can happen.

It's dirty gas/oil mix, carb or exhust and maybe a plugged up air filter. Go through those. Try YouTube tutorials but don't be afraid to tear things apart can clean everything.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
I have a no start Ryobi CS30 string trimmer. It worked great for years then I had problems starting and if it did it would eventually stop running for no obvious reason. I replaced the carb and even the ignition coil as well as a new spark plug. Once in a while I could get it started to run for a few minutes, but not usually. Also the fuel tank and lines are new. The other day I got it to start after dozens of pulls. It ran great for a brief period but it stopped and I could not get it started again. This engine is not rocket science but I have to admit I'm stumped. It's been a personal jihad to get this working but I'm afraid I already put more money into it than it's worth. Any advice? My Harbor Freight spark ignition tester shows that there is a spark upon cranking.

Whimsey

Go for a cordless and forget the issues with a 2-cycle engine.

Originally Posted By: vwmaniaman
Add a 1/4cup of seafoam and try again.

And call the witch doctor to cast a spell on the evil demons.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back