OE Wiper Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ultra's are beam blades. I have the Force (Force and Onyx are identical) and like them, they seem to be made for higher speed applications. I would try the Ultras for the wife's truck, but they don't seem to have them in 22".

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Did some Googling and this Nissan dealer sells OEM refills.

The link states that the one they're showing is for the RIGHT side which is the 16"

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Did some Googling and this Nissan dealer sells OEM refills.

The link states that the one they're showing is for the RIGHT side which is the 16"

Left one is listed right below.

Amazon also sells both with free shipping: Left & Right

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

It's not that I don't want to spend the money, I want to be able to see during foul weather. I have had good success with BEAM style wiper blades and even have some in my stash(slightly shorter) that I can slap on.

My car takes D:28" & P:16" but, I can use a D"24"-27" & P:16"-17" just fine. I've used different sizes in the past on other vehicles and they work just fine.

Both the Ultra and Flex are beam style and good to help you see in foul weather
smile.gif

At Walmart, every size of the Ultra is the same price, including the correct sizes 28 and 16 inch.

If you want to be able to see during foul weather, why would you use smaller wipers?
crazy2.gif

Think about it!

For example, if a wiper blade is 4" shorter than OE(and I'm going extreme here), it's 2" shorter at the top AND 2" shorter at the bottom. Not where I am looking out of the windshield! And if it's an INCH difference, it's only .5 on either end! You'll never notice it.

Do you look up into the tinted area of the glass when you drive? I don't! I may scan the area but, I don't drive this way. Nor do I look down at the dashboard of the car when I drive. All you'll see is dust that you didn't clean.

Try it, you'll never notice the difference. Nor will anyone that might drive your vehicle.

And I only bring this up because, I have needed a wiper blade in a hurry and all I was able to get quickly was a shorter version. Mainly for the drive side as the passenger side is already SHORT!

Last edited:
Great post Char Baby.

I use the 26 inch wiper blade on my driver's side as well. Not even noticeable at all.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Great post Char Baby.

I use the 26 inch wiper blade on my driver's side as well. Not even noticeable at all.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ffhdriver
Never had an aftermarket blade that wiper as well as the OEM.

Hmmm, I am just the opposite. Not that I thought that OE blades were terrible, just OK and not worth buying again compared to aftermarket. But, I like these(in subject) OE blades!

Man, my new car has awful wipers that smear in the down stroke. I have tried cleaning the glass over and over and not much luck. I am about to Rain-X the windshield. I asked the dealer if the tension on the wiper arms was off at my oil change, and of course they said it was fine.

Last edited:
It seems like OEM blades in general are really good. The ones on my 2012 Chevy truck lasted 4 years before they started to peel apart at the ends and even then they wiped good but I knew wouldn't pass inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back