Idemitsu ATF TYPE-H PLUS DW-1 For Honda * NEW *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used this?
I have been told that This company makes it for Honda
I remember Idemitsu made type H that was clearly Z-1 but This is Type H Plus and its clearly DW-1
Just wondering if it matches the specs of Honda DW-1 because i can get a very very good deal on this.
I have tech specs at the bottom. Thank you

ATF TYPE-H PLUS

Engineered for and meets the requirements of Honda Automatic Transmission with DW-1 and Z-1 specifications.

Idemitsu is the only global authorized supplier for DW-1 transmission fluids
Engineered to provide enhanced fuel economy and superior low-temperature flow properties
Precisely engineered frictional characteristics guarantee smooth shifting and outstanding anti-shudder performance
Excellent resistance to oxidation and thermal breakdown provides long fluid life and extended protection
Provides superior cleanliness, keeping the transmission free of sludge and varnish deposits
Advanced anti-wear technology provides maximum protection to gears and bearings
Excellent seal compatibility and conditioning reduces risk of failure
Available in 1-quart container – 5-quart container coming soon

Chemical/Physical Properties
Test Unit Method Typical Results
Appearance — Visual Red Clear Liquid
Density @ 15°C g/cm3 ASTM D4052 0.8490
Kinematic Viscosity @ 40°C cSt ASTM D445 25.23
Kinematic Viscosity @ 100°C cSt ASTM D445 6.91
Viscosity Index — ASTM D2270 258
Pour Point °C ASTM D5949 -49.0
Brookfield Viscosity @ -40°C cP ASTM D2983 5,800
Copper Strip Corrosion, 3hr °C ASTM D130 1(1b)

atf-type-h-plus.png

Used it? What's the source and price? How does it compare to Honda branded stuff in price?

The Idemitsu H+ DW1 has been out awhile, but not too many people use it since there are many quality fluids at a better price and more availability, such as the popular Maxlife ATF, and Castrol Import IMV (as well as Castrol's own full synthetic ATF)

Marketing sounds good. However for me, price point would be needed to compare. Significantly less expensive than Honda branded DW1 and readily available to all? As I've had good results using MaxLife

Quote:
Idemitsu is the only global authorized supplier for DW-1 transmission fluids

I think one of the store brands I can get from up here also claims to be DW-1 compliant but it is made by Citgo.

Last edited:
It's so nice to see DW-1 users going through the torture we Volvo owners-who use Mobil3309-had to endure.

I use real Honda DW-1 on my neighbor's 2010 Accord because "I don't want to hear about it".

I guess if his trannie blew after a drain & fill with Honda fluid I'd still hear about it. Ha-Ha

ps Honda parts man cited ~$9 per qt. for DW-1. It'll be interesting to see what % off I can get by asking nicely.

Its less $ then then Honda DW1
its like 8.36 a QT on Amazon.. At work I can get it even cheaper with my Team Member discount.

Im just wondering if anyone here used it.

True but many of them fluids are basically just Mercron LV and have many other specs.. DW1 fluids are just for HONDA...

I'm a skeptic - I don't believe that any oil/fluid blender produces a "special" mixture for companies A, B, C, and so on. At least not your Fords, Hondas, Nissans, and so on. Package a pre-existing product into unique bottles and labels ? Yeap, going to happen every day ! Company "A" desires a fluid that meets specs x, y, z, etc, etc and reaches out to Castrol, Valvoline, etc and those companies come back and say "our product 'F' meets all of your specs and even exceeds many of them substantially".

If it were appreciably cheaper than what I can get DW1 for I'd give it a go, but the two places I can find it (Amazon and Advance Auto) it's priced at about the same as what I can get a case of DW1 for, so I haven't been tempted to try it.

Advance Auto is $7.99/each (no case or quantity break) when I'm logged in with my account or $8.99 when not logged in. They're offering free shipping on orders over $25 if you do the online option and they are also showing a 20% coupon code option.

How much do you get DW-1 for ?

Originally Posted By: hallstevenson
Advance Auto is $7.99/each (no case or quantity break) when I'm logged in with my account or $8.99 when not logged in. They're offering free shipping on orders over $25 if you do the online option and they are also showing a 20% coupon code option.

On Amazon the Idemitsu is $8.95/wt, while DW-1 is $90.88/12 qts. Both Prime. So might as well buy the Honda branded stuff.

The coupon usually won't work for fluids, so even at $7.99 you're looking at $95 for a case of 12. I can usually ebay DW1 for $89 shipped.

If the 20% off worked, then I'd get it.

Yupp plus you can use your speed perks.. I have a5$ speed perks a20$ Speed perks so If I buy online and get 20% off and use a 20$ speed perk I can save big $

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Used it? What's the source and price? How does it compare to Honda branded stuff in price?

thats what I have been asking.

Its cheaper then HONDA DW-1

Honda DW-1 is near the same if not a tad more...
but Im always looking for something better..

I still have some people tell me to use HONDA ATF Z1 since I have a 2002 Honda with 250K miles with orginal Transmission.

Originally Posted By: David1
I still have some people tell me to use HONDA ATF Z1 since I have a 2002 Honda with 250K miles with orginal Transmission.

What do you use in it ?

Originally Posted By: David1

Yupp plus you can use your speed perks.. I have a5$ speed perks a20$ Speed perks so If I buy online and get 20% off and use a 20$ speed perk I can save big $

Which of their 20% coupons works for fluids, because generally they're exempt from them. The SpeedPerks will probably work since you've got to 'earn' those but I've never once found a %off coupon that works for oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back