Amazon CEO responds to poor working conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its fairly unique in Germany to have such a large company not treat its employees with more respect. I think also that not many companies in Germany run on such thin margins either, so maybe both sides need to see where the other is coming from?

Quit shopping Amazon 2 years ago because I liked it better when narcissistic billionaires kept their opinions in check …

Jeff's strategy is to get the better people, give them a high wage (usually about top 20% of the bracket), and then work them with intense stress, and fire the bottom 5% every year.

I was there, and to be honest the pay is not good enough to stay. If you want to work harder for the same condition there're better pay jobs for the same stress level (i.e. Facebook, Netflix), or same pay for less stress (Google). It is a good experience to have if you just graduated, you'll learn a lot in the fire than in a cushy job.

Buying Amazon stock while Jeff is still in charge is a good bet though, their internal projection is it should go up 15% a year. They spend every profit earn to build the company bigger, instead of dividend.

Last edited:
Is it better working the floor as a shelf stocker at Walmart or target in the USA, or the equivalent in Germany or Italy?

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Quit shopping Amazon 2 years ago because I liked it better when narcissistic billionaires kept their opinions in check …

grin2.gif

Same here.
shocked2.gif

Never really started shopping Amazon. The prices, slow delivery, and jack-off CEO Put me off.

THIS!
thumbsup2.gif

Everyone in here hating the player, when they should be hating the game. Amazon is working the American capitalist dream perfectly. I'm sure any day now the money they're saving in corporate taxes will make its way to the workers. Any day now...

As Jeff's sips his wine this evening looking out at the gardner working in in his yard, he mentions to the butler that his Porsche need waxing. His wife says she doesn't understand what the peasants are complaining about. And Jeff says, well everyone hates the rich, so don't worry your pretty head about it.

If Amazon warehouse jobs have people walking 8-10 miles per shift picking orders then the employees have nothing to complain if they don't quit.

We all had [censored] jobs before and found a better job.

I love shopping at Amazon. Regret not buying their stock in the 20 years ago.

Originally Posted By: itguy08

Never really started shopping Amazon. The prices, slow delivery, and jack-off CEO Put me off.

The prices and slow delivery?

The combination of low prices and fast delivery is precisely the reason they are so huge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: E365
Originally Posted By: itguy08

The prices and slow delivery?!

The combination of low prices and fast delivery is precisely the reason they are so huge.

Exactly. Plus they have just about anything you are looking for. With gasoline prices going up it saves a bit that way as well.

Even at $120 a year the Prime membership is worth it with Prime Video/TV and the no charge shipping.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I love shopping at Amazon. Regret not buying their stock in the 20 years ago.

I've been buying it and have a few shares.

Amazon Web Services (cloud services) has tons of future growth.

If the employees don't like doing manual labor that pretty much any able-bodied person can do, for competitive wages, they should consider improving their marketable skills. Or take the risk and start their own business, and run it is they see fit. If their ideas are viable, they'll be a great success.

Not that they care, but I find myself buying less and less from them. As already mentioned May 1 they jack the price of prime by 20%, they can keep it. I tried it free twice, no thanks. I just checked prices for an air tool on AMZN and bought it on Ebay for less. I know a lot of people who are doing just that with a lot of things they'd normally buy from Jeff and team.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
If the employees don't like doing manual labor that pretty much any able-bodied person can do, for competitive wages, they should consider improving their marketable skills. Or take the risk and start their own business, and run it is they see fit. If their ideas are viable, they'll be a great success.

Yep. So many young people want jobs but they don’t want to work.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Not that they care, but I find myself buying less and less from them. As already mentioned May 1 they jack the price of prime by 20%, they can keep it. I tried it free twice, no thanks. I just checked prices for an air tool on AMZN and bought it on Ebay for less. I know a lot of people who are doing just that with a lot of things they'd normally buy from Jeff and team.

You normally get one free Prime trial a year per email account. I'm on my 3rd trial now. Third email address. I was just going to kill it and they gave me another free month on top of the existing one. I wonder if that was because I spent $400 on a receiver. I don't shop exclusively with them but most of the time their prices are a little cheaper, but I'll go with whoever has the best price. I also use camelcamelcamel.com and I set up alerts for stuff I might be interested in if the price were a little lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back