What magazine do you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to order them but haven't in a long time. It was usually a news based or science magazine.

The only one I subscribe to right now is Harper's...the political mag, not the fashion mag Harper's Bazaar. I will typically go on this mag for a year when they offer me a good deal and then off it for a year or two when they want me to pay the going rate to continue. I used to also get Atlantic Monthly, but I never was able to even remotely keep up with the two mags after we had our daughter and AM never sends me good offers to re-up anymore.

My wife gets Consumer Reports and I will usually read that fairly closely.

Used to get a SKI magazine sub for free when I raced NASTAR, but reading those got old pretty fast. I will occasionally buy Ancient History and Ancient Warfare mags at the bookstore, but too many of the issues of those are duds as far as my interests go to think about subscribing.

Currently:
Fine Woodworking
Fine Homebuilding
Scientific American
Popular Science
Air & Space (Smithsonian)
Aviation Week
Money
Road & Track
Guns & Ammo
Shooting Times
American Rifleman (included in membership)
Cruising World (sailboats)
Cycle World
Motorcyclist
Dirt Bike

I used to get a few car mags but realized that I was never going to be a hot rodder. I like flipping through the Smithsonian but haven't renewed in a while. Only mag I get now is QST (amateur radio), even though I'm not active on radio. I get most info that I want & need online.

Subscribe:
Air and Space(Smithsonian)
Automobile
Autoweek
BMW Car
Car and Driver
Grassroots Motorsport
Road & Track
Roundel(BMW CCA magazine)
Thoroughbred and Classic Cars

Buy occasionally:
CAR
EVO
Fine Scale Modeler
Hemmings Muscle Machines
Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car
Model Car Racing
Model Railroader
Modern Classics
Practical Classics
Performance BMW
Scale Auto
Top Gear

I think the only one we get now is Small Farm Canada. 6 issues a year and its not mostly paid advertising for the industry.
I just read stuff online now.

Get free magazines from the recycling company that picks up our recyclables from the house once every two weeks. Each time, you get certain amount of points, then go to the website and order free stuff. Magazines are on their too, so:
Popular Science/Mechanics
The New Yorker
Travel
2 different food magazines for the wife

Time and Motor Trend for me. Wife gets Family Circle and Southern Living. Also get VFW and NRA mags as a life member of each.

I lost interest in car magazines once the internet got better.

The May 1998 issue of "Sport Compact Car" literally changed my life. In the "How to get 450 HP for a Nissan 300ZXTT" article, I learned what a MAF was, how it worked, and then I knew I would be able to work with computerized cars. There were other interesting articles, most of them were about amazing cars that weren't sold in the USA.

I subscribe to the following magazines:
Car Craft
Hot Rod
Super Chevy
Truckin'
Street Trucks
Car and Driver
Motor Trend
Road and Track

I prefer magazines over the internet. I would forget to look at the internet versions and having paper coopies gives me something to read when sitting on the bathroom throne.

Originally Posted By: Richie
I subscribe to the following magazines:
Car Craft
Hot Rod
Super Chevy
Truckin'
Street Trucks
Car and Driver
Motor Trend
Road and Track

I prefer magazines over the internet. I would forget to look at the internet versions and having paper coopies gives me something to read when sitting on the bathroom throne.

Car Craft was my favorite mag when I was a kid! I've been meaning to resubscribe, I am glad to see it is still around. Hot Rod was also good, they were both pretty similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back