Who says Corvettes are gas guzzlers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I don't even get 39 mpg on my Motorcycles..

I was thinking the same thing LOL. My hog gets 40ish.

The kid that sits beside me at work has a Ninja 300 and he gets over 70 MPG with it (but it only makes about 38 hp and only has a top speed of about 110mph)

Yeah, mine aren't fuel economy champs. They are all about performance. I can get one into single digit MPG, without trying too hard. When it was stock, it could crack 40 MPG.

The problems is the driver who trundles along in his Corvette like it's a Prius.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: vavavroom
The problems is the driver who trundles along in his Corvette like it's a Prius.
laugh.gif

I really didn't have a choice, traffic was too heavy to set the cruise control higher than 60. Besides, have you seen the price of gas in Canada lately? As of today, the Shell station near my house is selling premium for $1.60 per liter, or more than $6 a gallon!!

Check this out, I did even better today! (43.1 MPG!) I had the cruise at 60 again, but kept it in drive this time so that 4 cylinder mode would activate and a small portion of this trip was downhill so that definitely helped. I was running the same batch of fuel from last week, the Sunoco 93 with ethanol that I bought in Niagara Falls NY. I now have ethanol free Costco 91 in it, so I'll see if I can do even better sometime soon!

Originally Posted By: Patman
Check this out, I did even better today! (43.1 MPG!) I had the cruise at 60 again, but kept it in drive this time so that 4 cylinder mode would activate and a small portion of this trip was downhill so that definitely helped. I was running the same batch of fuel from last week, the Sunoco 93 with ethanol that I bought in Niagara Falls NY. I now have ethanol free Costco 91 in it, so I'll see if I can do even better sometime soon!

I double dog dare you to run dexos 0w20 and see what she will gain in MPG.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Sheesh 43MPG now? That is pretty nifty.

With the price of gas here in Toronto lately, I am glad this car can knock down such amazing fuel economy numbers on the highway! I will try to keep out of the city on most of my cruises this summer so I can still drive a ton of miles while not having to spend as crazy an amount on fuel. (I've also been buying my gas at Costco a lot, where the price of premium there is usually less than the price of regular at most other major stations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back