Ford F250 factory filter 12,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a friends 2018 Ford F-250 extended cab truck. He did first oil change at 6k and i giess he forgot to buy a filter. He put PP 5w30 in that time. I put PP 5W20 in this time and a tough guard he supplied.

OMG- can't wait (
18.gif
) to hear about the "metal on metal bypass" and the wavy media that performed fine but isn't liked by somebody. The filter did what was intended. End of story. Nice work, car51!

My brother in law just bought a left over 2017 Super Duty F250 6.2L for a great deal. I was wondering what oil and filter he should be getting. I agree with you that is a smallish filter for a 6.2.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks like Champ Labs? Thought they had the OEM Ford filter contract? That was too long for that filter, needs to be a synthetic to go that many miles.

Apparently not......

Looks like Champ Labs? Thought they had the OEM Ford filter contract? That was too long for that filter, needs to be a synthetic to go that many miles.

Yeah, the new fords we get at work now; filters look like WIX

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: car51

Yeah, the new fords we get at work now; filters look like WIX

I had the same one on my 2015'F350 6.2 gasser

Not a big fan of the FL820S so I think I'll be using the Fram Ultra's im my 6.2L. Looks like it did the job though. Thanks for the C&P.

Originally Posted By: littleant
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
My Fords were all 5w20 but didn't Ford spec 5w30 after 2015-2016????
For the 6.2...
Yes in 2015. 5w30 is the spec.

Now my 2015 had 5w20 on the oil cap- maybe for 2016????
its on here somewhere

Originally Posted By: littleant
My Fords were all 5w20 but didn't Ford spec 5w30 after 2015-2016????
For the 6.2...
Yes in 2015. 5w30 is the spec.

Now my 2015 had 5w20 on the oil cap- maybe for 2016????
its on here somewhere
Hear you go Sir. Sometimes it's hard to find something very specific in the search. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3992946/1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back