2012 Honda Accord transmission clunk in Reverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
So all of these 300,000+ Hondas running around out there, its safe to assume they have had their transmission replaced once? I always though Honda was a vehicle where for the most part the entire car makes it to 300,000 miles without a major failure.

The V6 ones are a bit problematic. The 4-cyl ones, 03+, have been relatively reliable and 300k would not be unexpected if proper maintenance is done.

So all of these 300,000+ Hondas running around out there, its safe to assume they have had their transmission replaced once?

If it's a V6
15.gif

Hello guys!
I bought my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 brand new and I have changed all fluids more often then recommend. I change the transmission fluid every 15,000 miles using factory Honda ATF(DW1). Once in a blue moon(like once or twice a year) my transmission will clunk and the car will buck a little when shifting into reverse first thing in the morning. It has does this maybe half a dozen times since new so not very often. I'm thinking it may just get "confused" for a second? Any ideas what might be going on when this happens? Should I be concerned at all?
Fluid is always filled correctly and is always clean. Thanks for any input!

How is the car parked every day, on an incline or flat surface?

So all of these 300,000+ Hondas running around out there, its safe to assume they have had their transmission replaced once? I always though Honda was a vehicle where for the most part the entire car makes it to 300,000 miles without a major failure.

Many do, a lot of it has to do with maintenance and driving style. I wouldn't expect any car to make it to 300K with a poor maintenance history. I think too many people purchase a Honda or Toyota since "they are bulletproof", then whine and complain when their transmission goes out / engine burns oil yet they never did the proper maintenance. Just a thought.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
So all of these 300,000+ Hondas running around out there, its safe to assume they have had their transmission replaced once?

If it's a V6
15.gif

on the Honda Forums the V6 hits 300,000 miles easy. Haven't heard much on the transmissions.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
Hello guys!
I bought my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 brand new and I have changed all fluids more often then recommend. I change the transmission fluid every 15,000 miles using factory Honda ATF(DW1). Once in a blue moon(like once or twice a year) my transmission will clunk and the car will buck a little when shifting into reverse first thing in the morning. It has does this maybe half a dozen times since new so not very often. I'm thinking it may just get "confused" for a second? Any ideas what might be going on when this happens? Should I be concerned at all?
Fluid is always filled correctly and is always clean. Thanks for any input!

How is the car parked every day, on an incline or flat surface?

mostly flat garage floor and parking lots that are flat.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

The V6 ones are a bit problematic. The 4-cyl ones, 03+, have been relatively reliable and 300k would not be unexpected if proper maintenance is done.

I have read that the transmission is the same for both the V6 and I4 cars and also I have read they are different. I would think the V6 would be a bit beefed up to take the higher power a bit better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back