Broken Side Window, 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Short version... weedeater kicked up a rock which busted my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan side window (not the window in the sliding door... the one behind it.

I generally repair my vehicles, but it looked like the windows are glued into the hinges and electric window opener. Is this a windshield repair company only kind of a job, or is this something I can do myself?

Thanks for your help,

Brad

Do you have the factory service manual for the vehicle? I replaced a similar window in a Toyota van and with the help of the manual it was pretty easy. I got everything at a glass dealer in Milwaukee. If the glass was intact you had to cut it out with a wire cutter (available at Harbor Freight) but since it was broken I just pulled the shards free after heating them carefully with a heat gun. You trimmed down the remaining adhesive, applied a primer and new adhesive and put the new glass in place. It wasn't difficult.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Any chance you have glass insurance on it?

Good question. I am looking at around $55 to do it myself. I think I will have my wife call today to see what prices we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back