Delo 400 XLE 15w40 syn blend for motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDEO works well in motorcycles; I would say the new CK-4 HDEOs are more shear-stable. Not too sure how long the add pack will protect though with it being API SN (
Does anyone have any comments regarding zinc-replacement AW packs being incorporated into the CK-4 HDEOs?

Originally Posted By: Brian553
HDEO works well in motorcycles; I would say the new CK-4 HDEOs are more shear-stable. Not too sure how long the add pack will protect though with it being API SN (
Does anyone have any comments regarding zinc-replacement AW packs being incorporated into the CK-4 HDEOs?

I’ve been using T5 15w40 for the last couple oil changes with good results, but the Delo seems to be available at more places at a better price.

Originally Posted By: RHALL

I’ve been using T5 15w40 for the last couple oil changes with good results, but the Delo seems to be available at more places at a better price.

Very happy to hear! I am itching to see a UOA for some of these new SN CK-4 oils.

Last edited:

Very happy to hear! I am itching to see a UOA for some of these new SN CK-4 oils.

Just noticed that you have a Triumph 800XC, and also use the T5. How do you like the T5? Our bikes are both in the adventure/touring category, and probably see similar uses.

So far I like the 85% T5 / 15% Extra4 blend. I had Castrol racing 4T 10w50 in it last, and it all felt good to about 3k miles, with the best being the latter 1k miles. When I drained it, it was a little dark. I wasn't ready to stretch the oci on a 10w50 oil. I may not want to make standard practice to change the oil on my bike in as little as 2k miles, but I don't trust Triumph's recommendation after many people on another site are saying they burn oil while having followed the oci and oil req. Short(ish) oci seems to be a key factor, as well as AW pack. I'm going 4k on my blend, which will probably be twice a year.

I have seen 4t Yamalube, cant remember what flavor, but it too was SN phos level. There may be more to life than zddp, look at m1 afe oils sporting a phos of 600s and they work well.

Also, the rotellas afe 1k ppm phos oils, and are different from delo in that regard

Last edited:
So far I like the 85% T5 / 15% Extra4 blend. I had Castrol racing 4T 10w50 in it last, and it all felt good to about 3k miles, with the best being the latter 1k miles. When I drained it, it was a little dark. I wasn't ready to stretch the oci on a 10w50 oil. I may not want to make standard practice to change the oil on my bike in as little as 2k miles, but I don't trust Triumph's recommendation after many people on another site are saying they burn oil while having followed the oci and oil req. Short(ish) oci seems to be a key factor, as well as AW pack. I'm going 4k on my blend, which will probably be twice a year.

I’ve got 20,000 miles on the Suzuki with 4000 mile oci. The first three were with Honda HP4 10w40, and the last two with T5. Shifting was noticeably smoother after 3000 miles with the T5.

I’ve got 20,000 miles on the Suzuki with 4000 mile oci. The first three were with Honda HP4 10w40, and the last two with T5. Shifting was noticeably smoother after 3000 miles with the T5.

Any UOAs yet on the T5?

Originally Posted By: webfors

Any UOAs yet on the T5?

Just ordered a kit from Blackstone. I’ve never had an analysis before, so this will be interesting!

There are many CK-4 HDEO's that are not SN. I use Schaeffer's CK-4 syn blend HDEO since it showed up a year and a half ago and I have not had a UOA come back that showed less than an average 1200 ppm of Phosphorus, and average 1300ppm on Zinc, and an average 2200ppm on Calcium. Haven't used it in a bike but I have used about 100 gallons of the oil in my commercial stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back