2016 Indian Chief Shell Rotella T4 15W-40 CJ/SM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the UOA.
Looks pretty good, it is fair to say you can not compare the first Indian oil to the current oil, except for the makeup of the oil.
The wear numbers between the two can not be compared because the engine so new, wear will always be higher and slow come down as the engine breaks in.

But me personally if Rotella meets the requirements of your engine I would certainly be more inclined to favor it or any other HDEO

Also make sure when you draw a sample for a UOA that the oil and engine is burning (oil at full operating temp).

Last edited:
I wanted to try Rotella based on a great many Victory UOA's that had stellar reports with it. Also, another forum member (Spur) posted a great looking UOA from his Indian using Delo 400le. I did kind of screw up the sample this time as I was in a hurry and didn't get the oil all that hot when I changed it. I'm guessing that may have contributed to the low flashpoint. Also the oil was in the bike for 11 mo and I did little riding outside of short trips. There's nothing wrong with the Indian/Victory 20w-40 (Lots of good Victory UOA's with it) but it's pricy and the additive package is weak at best compared to most HDEO's. The new t4 Rotella ck-4 does not carry a API SM or SN rating likely because the high zddp content. The additive pack in the Rotella ck-4 however is almost identical to the old cj/sm and I plan to use it when I run out of my supply of T4 CJ/SM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back