1965 Buda D175 Rotella 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another cautionary report from Blackstone labs. I put 5 hours on the engine after pulling the pan and cleaning the sludge and mess the best I could. I really wanted to confirm that there was no antifreeze in the oil, so this report has satisfied that part. As for the hi metals I think the new detergent oil is cleaning all the passages I was unable to clean, so doing it's job well. I now have about 10 hrs on this fill, so I'll dump it and refill again and check back in 20 hrs or so. Engine runs pretty good all things considered and is getting better as I run it, better cold starts and less blowby. I'll post this report with a final video I made and some pictures. P.S. This was a forklift I salvaged that had been badly abused and neglected for decades, if I get some down time I'll treat it to an overhaul kit and she'll be good as new again. For now she'll have to earn her keep until that day comes.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG0AxpV7mhA&t=1s

Thanks, they really made them strong in those days, everything is way overbuilt, but it stood the test of time and abuse. I'll see how the oil looks in the next 20 hrs.:)

Nice, well done
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back