ILLEGAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lady of the house wanted a bird feeder by a porch window so the indoor cats could see the birds feeding. The end result was a colony of voles in the yard requiring a pro to remove them and mice that would come into the garage and house. One cat enjoyed playing with the mice that entered the house. The lady of the house, not so much.
grin.gif

Needless to say no more bird feeder.
whistle.gif

Thankfully it's just that simple.

After reading that detailed sign I expected the OP to blame the (edit - mod).

Last edited by a moderator:
It recently became illegal to feed the ducks & geese bread at the duck pond in my neighborhood. Seems bread isn't good for them. Now people dump off whole vegetables that they can't eat because they DON'T HAVE TEETH. Who knew?

We bought a little bag of duck food pellets so our granddaughters could feed them and they wouldn't even look at it.

Don't feed ferer cats either. I made that mstake at work. 3 showed up,then 8 more within a week.then kittens! I had a catastophy! Then fell in love with this one.the city had to come out ,charged me to trap them.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Thankfully it's just that simple.

I wish it were that simple where I live.
Here, the racoons and skunks approach ppl for handouts (thanks to the Asian tourists who feed them).

I have 4 cats.. at one point, I bought a bird feeder to hang from my back patio cover.. The birds liked it, but then I found out that what I really bought was a cat feeder...

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Don't feed ferer cats either. I made that mstake at work. 3 showed up,then 8 more within a week.then kittens! I had a catastophy! Then fell in love with this one.the city had to come out ,charged me to trap them.
Wife just got a brownish/ orange rescue cat with double paws that looks like that.

Unfortunately, He got fat fast on the Tasty "Blue Buffalo Adult IN door Chicken" and likely less exercise. If you don't feed him what he wants he'll tear the house apart though!
Poor kitty. Stupid Us.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Is this only Portland, or Statewide?

I am not sure. This is the first I heard of it being illegal. For a while I have seen signs discouraging the practice, without threat of big brother punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back