News in Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think there's a moron born every minute, but given today's world of narcissistic buffoonery, I may have to up that several fold ...

A little more blatant than the Aussies who have been charged similarly for having a beer while cleaning their guns after an afternoon at the range.

These guys probably saw Snoop Dogg get away with it and didn't realize that guy has an army of lawyers and security personnel.

A kid my daughter knew in HS decided to forgo college in favor of being a rap star...I've heard that some of his YouTube video have hundreds of hits! ;^)
Another kid from her class actually made a lot of money posting YT vids about video games before he even graduated, have to say my money is on him blowing it all over time and then not having a viable career in his mid 20s but what do I know...he had a really nice pimped out Mustang to drive to school, at least.

Last edited:
The news link said very little.
It didn't describe what laws were broken or what the charges were.
Were the convicted, sentenced and later-to-be-sentenced persons previously convicted of something resulting in their loss of gun ownership rights?
Or is making a video with guns and rolled cigarettes which might resemble marijuana a crime?]
Very vague and woefully incomplete that news clip was.

I can understand that the video wasn't linked to.

The people I met in Kansas were nice. It's 480 miles wide when on the Interstate.

The big guys have a props department. They don't use real guns or real drugs in their videos. They usually know well enough not to record themselves doing something illegal.

Considering that, a search warrant based only on a video where the participants are acting out a fictional story could be contested. It is clear that these guys had no lawyers.

Last edited:
Remind me again how this does anything positive for anyone involved?

Was the rap video that contained images of guns and drugs hurting anyone?
Were these 3 people selling drugs in their neighborhood, or murdering people when they were not making rap videos?

If they were not bothering anyone, nor harming their neighbors in any way, shape or form, why investigate and prosecute these people?

Sounds like borderline racism to me.
Lets teach these black people a lesson.

That's not what the police and the justice system should be used for.

BC.

FOR DON. i have lived in kansas since 1948 the year i was born.. HELP GET ME OUTA HERE!!!!! it took me 3/4 of my life to understand that Kansas is one step from the END of the earth.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Remind me again how this does anything positive for anyone involved?

Was the rap video that contained images of guns and drugs hurting anyone?
Were these 3 people selling drugs in their neighborhood, or murdering people when they were not making rap videos?

If they were not bothering anyone, nor harming their neighbors in any way, shape or form, why investigate and prosecute these people?

Sounds like borderline racism to me.
Lets teach these black people a lesson.

That's not what the police and the justice system should be used for.

BC.

The racist thing is asinine. Stupid argument. Embarrassing argument. I cringe (for you).

Here, let me spell it out for you.

The world is filled with scumbags. Some that are criminals. The scumbags and the police play a cat and mouse game. The police try to find charges that can stick, the criminal tries to stay out of jail.

The way I read that article, is that some people in that video have been on the police radar for a LONG time. They have slipped through the cracks. They have likely committed lots of crimes.

So when the video evidence of an actual crime being committed, you can bet your top dollar that a cop will press charges. Even a trivial charge, that can get someone off the streets for a few years.

Cops DO NOT CARE about a rap video with drugs and guns in it. Almost ALL of them have drugs or guns in it. Who cares!! But if its someone on their radar, and they have got away with so many crimes for years........ you get these kinds of prosecutions.

There you go. You have been educated.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Was the rap video that contained images of guns and drugs hurting anyone? Were these 3 people selling drugs in their neighborhood, or murdering people when they were not making rap videos? If they were not bothering anyone, nor harming their neighbors in any way, shape or form, why investigate and prosecute these people?

You answered your own questions. Yes these "people" were found in possession of drugs. Yes these people were selling drugs. Yes these people were likely terrorizing their neighborhoods. And perhaps these people even have a murder or three tied to them. Good riddance.

Originally Posted By: red7404
FOR DON. i have lived in kansas since 1948 the year i was born.. HELP GET ME OUTA HERE!!!!! it took me 3/4 of my life to understand that Kansas is one step from the END of the earth.

I lived there for 20 years after coming from St. Louis and it was a much better place to raise children.

I still go back at least twice a year to see friends and neighbors.

This wasn't a case of local cops with a racist agenda.
This was a federal investigation; these guys were charged with federal crimes in federal court. Some pleaded guilty, and others in various levels of involvement still pending, others already convicted.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Don't plead to the crime if you think you can prove yourself innocent.

It's the system doing it's job.

Last edited:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The big news about Kansas is that its where Dorothy came from. (Wizard of Oz).

Its still a fly-over state however.

Thousands of people buy and sell marijuana openly in the USA every day, and the feds don't touch them.

What is different about this case?

I'll agree with dnewton that the system is doing its job as intended.

Originally Posted By: mk378
Thousands of people buy and sell marijuana openly in the USA every day, and the feds don't touch them.

What is different about this case?

Guns are involved.

Nebraska state troopers seize large amounts almost every week along I-80 near Lincoln. They seem to know which vehicles to stop for driving infractions that are full of it.The thing is our correction facilities are at 140% capacity and the feds and ACLU are knocking on the jail door.$$$$ = increased taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back