S/C Range Rover, 5000kms 33 different oils UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supercharged 510hp Range Rover Sport ran for 5000 kilometers on the mixture of 33 different oils. Voa posted here: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4735439/Mix_of_33_oils_VOA
Each oil was mixed in at the rate of 300ml (10oz) and oils ranged from 0w20 to 10w60, Conventional starting at Group II to Synthetics in Group V, PAO and Ester-based oils included. Ending viscosity after the mixing ended up being close to 0w30.

The difference in additive levels between the VOA and this
Uoa is astounding. From what I see phosphorus almost doubled? Tbn went up as well.

Only thing that really changed negatively was the silicon and viscosity.

Is the test process actually that inaccurate or is this contamination from previous oil/lab contamination?

Originally Posted By: Buzzinhalfdozen
The difference in additive levels between the VOA and this
Uoa is astounding. From what I see phosphorus almost doubled? Tbn went up as well.

Only thing that really changed negatively was the silicon and viscosity.

Is the test process actually that inaccurate or is this contamination from previous oil/lab contamination?

Might have been the remaining oil in the engine from a previous oil change, that mixed in and made it a 34-oil mix.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Looks like everyone should be using that mix!

Don't know if that would give any benefit, but that definitely proves that there is no harm in mixing oil brands and viscosity, within reason that is... I'm sure mixing 0w16 with an oil from 1930 in a 2020 engine would most likely cause some issues with sludge and variable valve timing at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back