Under cam cover-'74 BMW 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage SOHC.

Doing a valve adjustment on a new to us vehicle. Low mileage, all original car. All clearances were close and all looks great under here.

Originally Posted By: wings&wheels
Vintage SOHC.

Doing a valve adjustment on a new to us vehicle. Low mileage, all original car. All clearances were close and all looks great under here.

Looks great; the M10 is a tough motor. Make sure the banjo bolts that attach the oil spray bar are tight, if they back off oil flow to the camshaft and valve train can be weakened or cut off completely. New bolts have a slightly tighter thread to ensure that they do not loosen up.

Looks Nice and Clean.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Make sure the banjo bolts that attach the oil spray bar are tight, .... New bolts have a slightly tighter thread to ensure that they do not loosen up.

Sounds like some good preventative maintenance.

I'd use a little thread sealant as incognito "loctite"

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: MCompact
Make sure the banjo bolts that attach the oil spray bar are tight, .... New bolts have a slightly tighter thread to ensure that they do not loosen up.

Sounds like some good preventative maintenance.

I'd use a little thread sealant as incognito "loctite"

You have to use it sparingly or you may inadvertently block the oil feed holes.

thanks all.

I checked the banjo and it was fine. The car has a lot of valve or chain noise, clatter, but I haven't solved it yet. I 'burped' the tensioner and all seems fine, no metal in the filter...maybe they are just noisier than I remember. Noise aside, it is a great driver so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back