Palm Ratchets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked these up on eBay for $20 to remove the cover pan on the bottom of my GLC. They work like a dream for low torque situations.

Anyone else have a set?

ygyKIp.jpg

Originally Posted By: Trav
Chinese? Not that it matters much for such low torque applications.
More or less--Taiwan, but as you say as long as it can withstand hand pressure, it is good to go.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
More or less--Taiwan, but as you say as long as it can withstand hand pressure, it is good to go.

Ah. Not much chance of getting them here then, though I might have a look.

I have a small (1/4"?) one I bought in Japan. Never used it.

Last edited:
Have one, don't use it much. Would be good for threading slightly rough fasteners with higher running torque than could be done by hand.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
They CAN be handy at times when working on aircraft.

I was just thinking, that would probably be good for getting certain stuck/rounded out screws out.

I can't remember why, but I had one for my Sable. Something on the engine required this tool.

I have a simpler non-universal palm ratchet but I find most of the time I prefer using my brother's Snap-On "spinner ratchets":

Snap-On 3/8" Drive Spinner Ratchet

Not having to flip anything to reverse is nice and they also make nice short extensions when you just need a bit more length and standard extensions are too long.

I just wish someone would make an inexpensive copy and save me the trouble of having to track down the Snap-On guy to get my own.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD

Some tools from Taiwan have gotten really good, look at the air tools, they are the worlds premier maker of them. there are some assembled in the USA but its all with Taiwan produced parts for the better models.
It wont be long before they have the same respect that Made in Japan has, I don't frown on their products at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back