I Think Spring Is Finally Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man has it been a long and miserable winter. Looking at the extended forcast I think it may finally be over.

Today - Partly sunny, with a high near 58

Sunday - Sunny, with a high near 60

Monday - Sunny, with a high near 65

Tuesday - Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61

Wednesday - Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54

Pretty soon we will all be complaining how hot it is! However, I sure am looking forward to putting the top down on my Toyota MR2.

Several years ago I read an article from a scientist talking about global cooling. He was not a global warming denier but said that lack of sunspot activity would offset (and then some) the effects of CO2 and would last as a mini ice age for about fifty years. Then. if CO2 wasn't fixed and sunspot activity returned to normal it would get REALLY hot.

Anyway his predicted year for the start of this cool down was 2018, FWIW.

Nice temps here ~ but have had a month of global winding … ruined the fishing and think I have scooped 10 tons from the pool

Question: Where do tickets for the spring football scrimmage game sell out in twenty four hours? Nebraska of course. This in a ninety thousand plus stadium. Smiling, happy faces hoping that the Mike, BO, Bill era is finally over. Corn, beans, cows, pigs and the Cornhuskers, that explains it all.

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
Question: Where do tickets for the spring football scrimmage game sell out in twenty four hours? Nebraska of course. This in a ninety thousand plus stadium. Smiling, happy faces hoping that the Mike, BO, Bill era is finally over. Corn, beans, cows, pigs and the Cornhuskers, that explains it all.

Nebraska state capitol tour was the first of what has become an interesting hobby. Enjoyed the unused (except for receptions?) Senatorial chambers and have used the threat of a unicameral to silence pseudo fiscally conservative state legislators. "Why don't we replace you with a thirty seat unicameral? We have the Internet and you should be able to serve a lot more constituents with fewer politicians." Makes 'em turn pale when you hit them with that in public meetings.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Keep your fingers crossed you may be past the last frost of the year but don't put any big money on it.
Right you are Johnny. Frost is not the second coming ,but many Cornhusker fans are so down in the dumpers because of the last eighteen years that a losing season where Nebraska actually showed up would be hope for better fall Saturdays. Time will tell.

Yah, I plan to shift into spring/ summer mode. Swap positions of the blower and the mower. Take down the center props in the tents. Put the snow shovels away and fence the beds.

I just swapped out the snow tires on both vehicles yesterday and today. Oil change in the truck (car last week-end) and both vehicles given a bath.
11.gif

Hopefully tomorrow I can final get my son's snowmobile and trailer put away. Like most on here I assume, I am way behind!

Originally Posted By: JC1
Yes I think spring is here as well. I'll be swapping out the snow tires this weekend.

I did that last weekend and we got 6 inches of snow.
crazy2.gif

It just started to feel that way this weekend way by me (NYC area). The cherry blossums finally started to show this past week. Not yet in full bloom which is late.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Oz has had air conditioning load all into April :bonkers:

Been a nice autumn so far. Here's hoping for a very warm winter
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Barbell7
Pretty soon we will all be complaining how hot it is! However, I sure am looking forward to putting the top down on my Toyota MR2.

It is 97F here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back