Anyone still eat breakfast anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a protein shake every morning along with fresh brewed coffee at home. I work from home. Never used to have breakfast..I usually have coffee before I have the shake. Shake with large flake oats, banana, natural pb, scoop of protein, tbsp milled flax and tbsp chia seeds mixed with almond milk and greek yogurt.

Generally have 2.

Taiwanese (various kinds of fried pancake thing with or without egg, maybe stewed marinated pork belly in a steamed bun, or fried raddish cake, with over-sweet red or green iced tea or soy milk)

Healthier option would be congee, a savory rice porridge, but there isn't anywhere handy for that AFAIK

Western : Coffee with waffle or chocolate croissant.

Not that healthy really. Surprised I havn't got diabetes. Maybe I have.

Back in the old country I'd have porridge (trad) with plain yoghurt (flying in the face of tradition) and toast.

The trad bacon and eggs, fried potato scone or bread, baked beans, black pudding and mushrooms thing got too expensive so is reserved for a special treat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Any others here eat Pain Perdue for breakfast. My grandmother made it for me all the time. C'est Si Bon!

http://www.realcajunrecipes.com/recipe/pain-perdue-ii-french-toast/

My son and I regularly make "egg bread"...couple eggs, couple slices of bread, and butter in the pan. Serve with Tomato sauce (Ketchup).

French toast, as we buy it is too "custardy" and sweet.

We both LOVE eggs benedict.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Generally have 2.

Taiwanese (various kinds of fried pancake thing with or without egg, maybe stewed marinated pork belly in a steamed bun, or fried raddish cake, with over-sweet red or green iced tea or soy milk)

Healthier option would be congee, a savory rice porridge, but there isn't anywhere handy for that AFAIK

Western : Coffee with waffle or chocolate croissant.

Not that healthy really. Surprised I havn't got diabetes. Maybe I have.

Back in the old country I'd have porridge (trad) with plain yoghurt (flying in the face of tradition) and toast.

The trad bacon and eggs, fried potato scone or bread, baked beans, black pudding and mushrooms thing got too expensive so is reserved for a special treat.

Char siu bao (sou), scallion pancakes and shumai are my go-to for dim sum. Congee with thousand-year egg is always very nice, especially with just a little pepper.

Sometimes I have a Coyote breakfast, other times a Full English, depends on what I ate the day before and how much time I have.

Claud.

Stopped eating breakfast quite a while ago and it works nicely now that I've cut out grains/sugar/carbs from my diet. I don't buy the 'not healthy to skip breakfast' bit. I eat lunch at 12:30 or so and then dinner at 6:00 - 7:00 and I don't eat between dinner and lunch the next day. I feel less hungry and feel better than I have in years in addition to having dropped 60+ lbs in the past 8 months.

I may eat breakfast on the weekends but it's no-/low-carb and it's not until 1000 or later. Eggs, bacon, sausage, in some combination, some different way. Or, if I'm feeling indulgent, maybe some waffles from almond flour, heavy cream or some other thing.

I still miss the carby-sugary [censored] that is basically a dessert (pancakes, french toast) but I don't miss it enough to eat it early in the morning and end up asleep by lunch. I'm too sensitive to sugars that I can't handle it anymore.

Originally Posted By: Ifixyawata
Stopped eating breakfast quite a while ago and it works nicely now that I've cut out grains/sugar/carbs from my diet. I don't buy the 'not healthy to skip breakfast' bit. I eat lunch at 12:30 or so and then dinner at 6:00 - 7:00 and I don't eat between dinner and lunch the next day. I feel less hungry and feel better than I have in years in addition to having dropped 60+ lbs in the past 8 months.

I may eat breakfast on the weekends but it's no-/low-carb and it's not until 1000 or later. Eggs, bacon, sausage, in some combination, some different way. Or, if I'm feeling indulgent, maybe some waffles from almond flour, heavy cream or some other thing.

I still miss the carby-sugary [censored] that is basically a dessert (pancakes, french toast) but I don't miss it enough to eat it early in the morning and end up asleep by lunch. I'm too sensitive to sugars that I can't handle it anymore.

I used to miss the [censored], too, but not so much recently. It takes a while for one’s tastes and cravings to change, but once they do, it’s again hard to go back. In the past, I would show up to BBQ’s ready to pound down 2+ burgers, a hot dog or two and a litany of other snacks; now, I’m now satisfied by treating myself to ONE tasty burger, along with some other light snacking throughout the party.

With that said, my wife made me an egg (1) and ham (couple of deli slices) sandwich, on a toasted everything-bagel this morning, which was absolutely delicious. I don’t have the urge at all to eat a second, and I’ll likely be satisfied with some snacking and the rest of my shake ‘til dinner.

Having changed my diet, I’m down to just over 180# (6’ tall), I feel better, and I’m essentially off antacid meds. I chew a couple of TUMS of I eat greasy food too late at night, but that’s only every so often that it causes problems; usually after a long day, when I’ve got the munchies after having a couple of brewskies.

I have a pretty fast metabolism (runner, cyclist), so I have to eat breakfast before work. I start work at 6 am, so I get up at 4:30. My daily routine is a cup of coffee on my 20-min. commute, and then I take a bowl of cereal (Raisin Nut Brand, granola, or some other “adult” cereal) with me, with a banana cut up on it, or a good helping of berries (I buy the frozen ones and nuke in the microwave to defrost). I have cereal before I start work. But that’s not enough to last me until our lunch at 11:30, so, I usually take some yogurt and have that around 9:15 (after 2nd cup of coffee) along with the rest of my milk that I brought with me.

On days off, I do the same, or, sometimes I’ll have bacon/sausage and eggs, usually later, if I sleep in, and that “brunch” will serve as both breakfast and lunch.

Is Canadian bacon still called Canadian bacon in Canada, or something else? I know one thing, it sure don't look like bacon. It looks more like ham. I don't think I have ever seen it sold in grocery stores, only McDonalds, on their Egg McMuffins.
Me at the drive thru;
McD's speaker; "Place your order please."
Me; "Yes, I will have enough Egg McMuffins to equal 1 lb. of Canadian bacon, hold the muffins, eggs, and cheese."
grin.gif
lol.gif

On Sunday I have ONE EGG + toast + orange juice and either bacon or pork sausage (Bob Evans). Every other day is...One mug of Earl Grey and one of the following: toasted bagel/toasted english muffin/whatever cookies are in the cupboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back