How often do you use your moonroof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my cars have a moonroof but I can count on my fingers the number of times I've actually opened it. Most I do is open the shade to let some extra sunlight in on a cool day.

What about you guys?

My Escape is the first car I ever owned with a sunroof (moonroof? difference unclear) and I didn't even notice that for like two weeks after I bought it til I looked up and was like oh! Have used it maybe a dozen times lol.

When I had a car without A/C: enough to get a tan on my right arm from gear shifting.

When I acquired a car with A/C: In the winter to get some fresh air when I have the heat on, when smoking, in the spring when it is too cold to drop the windows, but warm enough that you want to feel the fresh air. I crack it a lot more than opening it fully now, but in the summertime when you drop all the windows it is pretty cool to open it fully and really feel the wind in your hair.

Everyday I can. I like to see as much of the sky as I can, just outside me in a good mood. For the same reason I want to get a brain bucket to ride with, but then the thought of biting the curb enters my mind.

My Trailblazer came with one. Thought it was a novel option to have..... The using it in the city because of all the noise. Hate it on the highway because of all the noise. The even having the cover rolled back because the extra sun/light glare bugs me. I will never get another one again if I can help it.

But that's me, for the ones that like using theirs, awesome!

Never touch it. wish I had the premium back for it, leather seating and alloy wheels.
On Sunroofs:
Cost = no good
Glare = no good
Skin cancer = no good
Road noise = no good
Air circulation = good

If ever I touch one of these things I fear it'll break and I won't be able to close it. Used car handlers NEVER touch 'em for that exact reason.

Was open today. I use it in winter to keep interior warm in sun by leavingclosed but sliding shade open.

My wife wanted it not for opening as much as open feel in her 2018 Tiguan. It extends the glass over the backseat passengers. It is massive.

Both my current cars have 'em.

The Lex, I open the sun shade on sunny days. This I find is enough sunlight to brighten up the interior.
I use the "vent" position when it gets particularly warm out.

The BMW has a sliding metal panel. On nice days I've always enjoyed using it in the "vent" position
to aid in air circulation (as opposed to using the interior blower motor). Works wonderfully!
Haven't actually opened the sunroof in years though. Not for fear of breaking it, but I just don't
care to get that much sunlight.

My Camry is the first vehicle I've owned with a moonroof. I open the shade at night if I remember it. I'll open it during the day if the sun angle is appropriate. Very rarely do I open the glass.

I leave it in the vent position when parked to keep the car cooler in the summer almost every day. If I'm driving around town I'll have it open, but on the highway above 55mph it gets annoying after a while. We have a few 40 mph roads through the country and its perfect for that. Buying new I don't really think its worth it if I'm happy with a lower trim without it, but in the used market I'd pay a bit extra for a sunroof, not much but a bit.

My 2010 FX4 had one and I opened it about 5 times. I really did not want it, so I searched and found one without it, when I bought my Powerstroke (not an easy task with a Platinum).

Both MB's have one and I have opened mine a few times now, but I suspect when "the heat is on" that I will use it less.

If I'm not on the highway and it's not 90+, I'm windows down/sunroof open.

My convertibles, whenever I have one, are top down 24/7 unless it's pouring rain.

Never had one until I bought the Cobalt but I find I'm liking having one.

The shade is always open. The actual glass is open every chance I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back