Harvest King 0w20 Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Atwood's has Harvest King 0W20 Full Synthetic is on sale 5 qt jug for 9.99. It carries a dexos rating. Can it last anywhere near the 10,000 mile interval that my Toyota manual recommends as it's maximum interval. The vehicle is driven mostly as a hwy trip cruiser 3.5 V 6.

It is generally Citgo oil, which makes it the same as SuperTech (in some markets).

It's an outstanding value for what it is for only $10 a jug...

don't expect to do "Amsoil style" runs of 25,000 miles,
because the additive package just meets specs,
but is "nothing special".

Originally Posted By: oilstudent24
Can it last anywhere near the 10,000 mile interval that my Toyota manual recommends as it's maximum interval. The vehicle is driven mostly as a hwy trip cruiser 3.5 V 6.

Probably.... I'd say yes.

If you are getting it from Atwoods, you live in the south somewhere.

I'd run it for 10,000 then do a UOA, just for educational purposes.

I don't plan on doing an extended drain. Just seeing if it would support the factory recommended interval of 10,000 miles maximum.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Dexos rated 0W20 -- 5 quarts of Synthetic oil for $10.00 -- NO BRAINER!!!

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
It is generally Citgo oil, which makes it the same as SuperTech (in some markets).

It's an outstanding value for what it is for only $10 a jug...

don't expect to do "Amsoil style" runs of 25,000 miles,
because the additive package just meets specs,
but is "nothing special".

AMSOIL can do 25K OCI's? How is that possible? And, who would actually run it that long? They must have one heck of an guarantee to back it up.

...because the additive package just meets specs,

If an oil matches a spec'd values with every 'spec' right on the nose, it is a perfectly acceptable product. There's no "just meets spec" downside. On the opposite side, an oil that far exceeds a spec isn't automatically a better oil, but no doubt it will be more expensive (and there's some here who believe cost and quality are 100% correlated - they're NOT (always)).

Originally Posted By: hallstevenson
...because the additive package just meets specs,

If an oil matches a spec'd values with every 'spec' right on the nose, it is a perfectly acceptable product. There's no "just meets spec" downside. On the opposite side, an oil that far exceeds a spec isn't automatically a better oil, but no doubt it will be more expensive (and there's some here who believe cost and quality are 100% correlated - they're NOT (always)).

Yes and we have UOA on here almost daily that proves your point.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back