S - Schwefel (mg / kg) 3022
Mangan - Mangan (mg / kg) 0
Ti - Titan (mg / kg) 52
Cd - Cadmium (mg / kg) 0
Co-Cobalt (mg / kg) 0
Li - Lithium (mg / kg) 0

Originally Posted By: pscholte
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
You can't buy green 0W-30 anymore. You haven't been able to for years.
The two products you can buy right now are nearly identical.

Yeah, the Elves lost the formula and it cannot be duplicated. Such a pity. We may never pass that way again.
frown.gif

It's up in heaven with Pennzoil Ultra 5W30?
;^)

Originally Posted By: Kaiser
Sorry I did 2 mistakes during the post

The Flashpoint is 239°C and not 229°C, and the Titan value is 152mg/kg not 52

Your version of 0W-40 is a bit different than ours here in the U.S. Notably, our Calcium is lower, Magnesium higher. And less Titanium. Here is my UOA from last year.

Here in Germany lot of people criticize the new formulation because the percentage of POA is lower than the previous version, but for me it's still a very good oil.

Actually I run the Original BMW MTwinPower 0w40, it has 5000km, and next week I will go to the Nürburgring Nordschleife for 4 or 5 laps and then I will do a trip of 2500km (I will go to Austria and Switzerland), then when I will come back to home I will perform an oil change and switch to this new formulation of Castrol Edge 0w40

Last edited:
Here the Edge 0w40 LL04 Dexos². You can find it in any auto part store but difficult to find it on german web sites, it's curious.

As I could judge based on my internet searches, it's widely available on number german websites. However, now Castrol 0W-40 A3/B4 is no more true synthetic. Right now my car is running with Aral Super Tronic G 0W-30 (batch of 30/06/16). For previous 5k km interval I used GC (2.5 l of green + 2.0 l of brown) from 2003 which were sitting in my warehouse for a too long time, so I had to use it, but frankly speaking, I like this Aral more than GC (though in the past they were twins together with Veedol 0W-30) at least in respect of oil consumption. My Prelude 2.2 VTEC is not thirsty at all, but after spirited 3 thousand of miles, oil consumption with Aral is still zero comparatively to 0.2-0.3 with GC. As far as I remember, NOACK of GC from 2003-2004 was about 10%, but Aral's NOACK is just about 8%. This may be just a speculation, but for the moment I cannot find another reason.

Last edited:
Actually I run the Original BMW MTwinPower 0w40, it has 5000km, and next week I will go to the Nürburgring Nordschleife for 4 or 5 laps and then I will do a trip of 2500km (I will go to Austria and Switzerland), then when I will come back to home I will perform an oil change and switch to this new formulation of Castrol Edge 0w40

You have no idea how jealous I am! I would love to drive that track.

grin.gif

You have to test it once in your life !
It's a magical experience, I go on this track once a month, but not with my car, I rent cars like 911 GT3 RS, M4 GTS, M5... this time I will test my personnal car. When Sabine Schmitz was working for the ring, I took several laps with here in a M5 ring taxi

Yes, but you have to book them a long time before you go on the Nürb because if you wait too much before the day you go on the track there will none available. But there are independant rent compagnies all around the nurb where you can also rent a car but you have to add addittional insurance and it's not very interresting.
I always rent in the same rent compagny called "Need for Ring" because I've a member card and they always give me a discount.
For instance on lap with a BMW M4 it's normaly 320€ including the inssurance and fuel, but I pay 250€. Last month I paid 560€ for 3 laps with a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

I don't have Kaiser's experience, but I have done a few laps of the 'Ring in a BMW 650i and an E92 M3. I also got a taxi ride in a X6M driven by Dirk Müller. It's an intoxicating place.

From my side I had 4 experiences with the Ring Taxi (as passenger), one time with a pro driver but I forget his name in a Porsche 911 turbo S
blush.gif
, two times with the "Queen" yes, Sabine Schmitz
grin.gif
(one time with M5 e39 and one time with M5 e60) and one time with Tiff Nedell during a special event on the Nürburgring in 2009 in a M3 e92

As driver I did between 33 and 35 laps. It's a very good experience to do.

That's done yesterday, here the values :

Viskosität bei 40 ° C (mm² / s) 74.3
Viskosität bei 100 ° C (mm² / s) 13.2
VI-Viskositätsindex-Berechnung 181
TAN (mg KOH / g) 2.8
TBN (mg KOH / g) 9.9
Sulfatasche (%) 1,12
Flammpunkt offenes Gefäß (° C) 229
NOACK (%) 8,3

P - Phosphor (mg / kg) 952
Zn - Zink (mg / kg) 1078
Ca - Kalzium (mg / kg) 2889
Mg - Magnesium (mg / kg) 16
Mo - Molybdän (mg / kg) 1
Si - Silicium (mg / kg) 6
Na - Natrium (mg / kg) 6
B - Bor (mg / kg) 79
K - Kalium (mg / kg) 0
Ba - Barium (mg / kg) 0
V - Vanadium (mg / kg) 1
S - Schwefel (mg / kg) 3022
Mangan - Mangan (mg / kg) 0
Ti - Titan (mg / kg) 52
Cd - Cadmium (mg / kg) 0
Co-Cobalt (mg / kg) 0
Li - Lithium (mg / kg) 0

Sorry I did 2 mistakes during the post

The Flashpoint is 239°C and not 229°C, and the Titan value is 152mg/kg not 52

Hi Kaiser,

Would you confirm a.m. values are for Belgium version LL-04 ? You wrote "A new formulation since February of the Belgium Castrol 0w40 LL04 with Titanium and the label 'HC' (for HydroCracked) sold only in Belgium (for the moment). I bought one in Belgium last month and I will send a sample for a VOA", but the latter shows it's LL-01 version. Or was this a misprint ?

Anyway, NOACK and FP are outstanding for a hydrocracked 0W-40. I just wonder how have they managed to do this and whether there will be a relative consistency from batch to batch.

Originally Posted By: pscholte
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
You can't buy green 0W-30 anymore. You haven't been able to for years.

The two products you can buy right now are nearly identical.

Yeah, the Elves lost the formula and it cannot be duplicated. Such a pity. We may never pass that way again.
frown.gif

Is your 196 Qts stash of green elixir already over ?
smirk.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Primus

Hi Kaiser,

Would you confirm a.m. values are for Belgium version LL-04 ? You wrote "A new formulation since February of the Belgium Castrol 0w40 LL04 with Titanium and the label 'HC' (for HydroCracked) sold only in Belgium (for the moment). I bought one in Belgium last month and I will send a sample for a VOA", but the latter shows it's LL-01 version. Or was this a misprint ?

Anyway, NOACK and FP are outstanding for a hydrocracked 0W-40. I just wonder how have they managed to do this and whether there will be a relative consistency from batch to batch.

Hello !
No it's the LL01 version sorry, I did a mistake in the first message.
I plan also to send a sample of LL04 to perform a VOA.
Is it not possible to edit the first post ?

Last edited:

No it's the LL01 version sorry, I did a mistake in the first message.
I plan also to send a sample of LL04 to perform a VOA.
Is it not possible to edit the first post ?

Thank you for clarifications. No problem with a misprint: enthusiasts read thread attentively and will notice youre correction. If you still prefer to change the original post, ask a moderator for a help.

After such nice VOA with Castrol LL01 (BE) I start to doubt a lot whether to buy that before a reformulation which is still available at some shops (Belgium version is the only available in Ukraine and its reformulation happened earlier than with German one, in particular, in December 2017).

As for coming VOA of LL-04, hope you will order NOACK and FP too, so it will help to compare base stock properties with Castrol LL01 and ARAL LL04. Suppose Castrol LL04 version will be on Calcium-Magnesium package like ARAL 0W-40 LL04 and ARAL 0W-30 LL01.

Kaiser said:
I think the Aral supertronic 0w40 LL04 is equal to the Castrol Edge 0w40 LL04 and equal to the BP Visco 7000 0w40 [/quot

Yes, it was and it's expected still to be. However, an additional verification/update will not harm. Besides, it would be interesting to check whether twins use the same base stocks. That's why, I am eager to see NOACK and FP in coming VOA.

Originally Posted By: Primus
Kaiser said:
I think the Aral supertronic 0w40 LL04 is equal to the Castrol Edge 0w40 LL04 and equal to the BP Visco 7000 0w40 [/quot

Yes, it was and it's expected still to be. However, an additional verification/update will not harm. Besides, it would be interesting to check whether twins use the same base stocks. That's why, I am eager to see NOACK and FP in coming VOA.

Just one point: equal except Titanium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back