Lowest NOACK Synthetic 5W30 for Non - Turbo GDI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for DEX 1 GEN 1 or Gen 2 (doesn't matter for - turbo GDI) with the lowest NOACK for 5W30 Synthetic ?
My short list of easy to obtain 5W30 synthetic oil at WM would be Mobil 1 , Pennzoil Platinum or QSUD - possibly Castrol Edge as well .
*I can never find the NOACK of these oils on the OEM's web site - I imagine any NOACK spec newer than 2016 would give an idea of what the NOACK spec in 2018 would be ? ... Thanks in advance if anybody has .

But then if you live in the hot Georgia, there is no reason not to use 10W-30 if you want far lower NOACK (~ 5% for GTL-based oils) and less wear in the valvetrain and timing chain in comparison to 5W-30.

Wasn't dexosG2 brought about for "Turbo GDI" engines....why would you consider dexosG1?
I'd use any of those name brand oils that you mentioned.

Redline's high performance 5-30 Dexos I has a Noack of 6, prolly one of the best oils today, its ALL real synthetic not refined built in the lab!!!

Is it in warranty? Are you concerned about having to show oil change receipts? If not, go with a 10W-30 for lowest NOACK.

I also wanted a Low NOACK oil for my TGDI WRX. Some of the guys here pointed me towards Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30. A few years ago they included the NOACK % in the MSDS, and they quoted it at 4.7%. Now the formulation has probably changed, but it’s still probably very good. Cheap and available everywhere, too.

dexos has viscosity restrictions, yes, but 10W-30 would pass all the dexos tests 5W-30 does. Also, he has a Hyundai/Kia and no dexos is needed for warranty. PPPP 10W-30 is an SN Plus synthetic, which is basically dexos. M1 AP would do equally well if he wants to use that.

Originally Posted By: Gokhan
dexos has viscosity restrictions, yes, but 10W-30 would pass all the dexos tests 5W-30 does. Also, he has a Hyundai/Kia and no dexos is needed for warranty. PPPP 10W-30 is an SN Plus synthetic, which is basically dexos. M1 AP would do equally well if he wants to use that.

Albeit at a much higher price, and the fact that it’s GDI rules out long OCIs anyway (fuel contamination of crankcase oil). So M1-AP would be a waste of money.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
I also wanted a Low NOACK oil for my TGDI WRX. Some of the guys here pointed me towards Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30. A few years ago they included the NOACK % in the MSDS, and they quoted it at 4.7%. Now the formulation has probably changed, but it’s still probably very good.

That was most likely PRE-GTL, unless someone knows otherwise.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Looking for DEX 1 GEN 1 or Gen 2 (doesn't matter for - turbo GDI) with the lowest of what the NOACK spec in 2018 would be ?

Why is this your search criteria? What is it about other D1G2 oils that doesn't meet your performance criteria?

Wear? Deposits? Longevity in a TGDI application?

Are you looking at all of the factors that impact oil performance?
confused.gif

NOACK again really !!! The crankcase is full of oil vapor with the engine running.

Originally Posted By: CT8
NOACK again really !!! The crankcase is full of oil vapor with the engine running.

Well that goes without saying. NOACK is still extremely important, however. There is a difference between oil mist (from crankcase splashing) and oil vapor (heat).

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
I also wanted a Low NOACK oil for my TGDI WRX. Some of the guys here pointed me towards Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30. A few years ago they included the NOACK % in the MSDS, and they quoted it at 4.7%. Now the formulation has probably changed, but it’s still probably very good.

That was most likely PRE-GTL, unless someone knows otherwise.
21.gif

Nope, the GTL formulation.

PP NOACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back