Fram Tough Guard Air filters for Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my two Fram Tough Guard air filters from Amazon.ca. Free shipping. $39 and $24 CAN. I’ll put them in once the forest fire season starts in July.
cool.gif

Last edited:
Congrats Snagglefoot, I see you went for the Fram TG instead of Wix Fire Resistant. Hope they serve you well. You could email Motorking as far as applicability to forest fire particulate. Don't get too close to hot embers that could affect the light oil coating of the media on these!

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Expensive. Plain filters have done more than fine in my car. Id be scared to oil up the MAF sensor.

OEM air filters sometimes come pre-oiled (like on my car). I would bet that these are just as safe as those just in the aftermarket. I trust the company to do the oiling more than random people.

Don't throw away your money during fire season....

Buy the cheap filters to take the worst of the abuse, because they plug up with ash so fast.

A GOOD pre-filter sounds more and more like a GOOD idea

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I'd be scared to oil up the MAF sensor.

These are lightly lightly lightly "oiled" ...... you can barely tell anything is there.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Got my two Fram Tough Guard air filters from Amazon.ca. Free shipping. $39 and $24 CAN. I’ll put them in once the forest fire season starts in July.
cool.gif

Good to know they can be purchased fairly easily, but I would still prefer if they were available locally at CT or PS, or some other local place.
I replaced mine in my Ram a couple months ago and wife's car is ways out yet for replacing so maybe when the time comes, I will be able to purchase them locally and not online only?

I do like them and would like to run them in our vehicles so if I happen to see a sale/deal somewhere online, I may just grab a couple of them up?

Thanks for sharing, Snaggle.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back