Took the plunge, got some maxima on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's finally warming up enough at night here in the Rockies to try experimenting with some thicker oil in my quad. So, I ordered a gallon of Maxima Extra4 15w50 today. Can't wait to give it a try. Of course, this little act will probably usher in freezing blizzards until June now! If I keep the Rotella in there, it will probably be in the 80's F for Mother's Day.
Murphy and Mother Nature seem to be in cahoots.....

Last edited:
I have the EXACT same oil sitting and waiting for my next oil change in my Triumph.

Great minds think alike LOL

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I have the EXACT same oil sitting and waiting for my next oil change in my Triumph.

Great minds think alike LOL

Awesome! Let us know how it works for you.

Originally Posted By: ccdhowell
Ha! Hope you get to ride often. I'm running their 5w50 in my Polaris; I do occasionally ride when it's cold out.

I ride a fair amount I suppose. I'm about to flip 15,000 miles on my Kawasaki that I've owned for five years. But miles are easy to come by when you have the Paiute trail system (among a dozen others) and Moab in your backyard!

Look what showed up today. Anybody else here get this excited when oil shows up on your doorstep? I like it better than Christmas. I must be sick....

Well, I ran the Maxima on a big, gnarly ride of over 100 miles with a lot of 4x4 crawling and some wot stretches, and I'm happy to report that my quad burned half of what it normally does with 10w40. It actually smells stronger with the Maxima, but burns less. Go figure. But the smell is actually a good smell, so it didn't bother anyone behind me. They loved it and said it smelled like old 2 stroke vp exhaust.
I'll put 400 more miles on it and then send it in for analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back