Dewalt power washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manual says to use 15w-40 for my new dewalt power washer. Isn’t that a type of oil used for Diesel engines? I picked up valvoline all fleet plus diesel 15w-40 but I’m hesitant to use it. Any suggestions?

Usually yes. They are HDEO, heavy duty engine oils. Small engines put an immense amount of stress on an oil. Use the all fleet plus you have, theres now issues. Most are rated SM or SN for gas engines.

The Valvoline you have meets the gasoline SN specification for 15w-40. Use it with confidence.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Small engines put an immense amount of stress on an oil.

I do not agree with this statement !!

Please provide proof that backs up your statement.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

I do not agree with your statement please provide proof that refutes the statement!!

I wouldn't say small engines "stress" oil, but they do run a bit hotter oil temps than most cars being air cooled. I've seen many Briggs flat heads with 250 degree oil temps on a warm day. Add to that the fact that if the engine isn't run at operating temperature for a while it can have fuel dilution in the oil, and you see why a HDEO might be a better bet.

I use a HDEO in all the machines I service, not because I feel it is better protection, but because it seems to burn off less. A lot of small engines (especially well used and poorly serviced ones) burn oil, and having full oil is the most important thing for a splash lubricated engine. You can use any SAE rated engine oil you like pretty much, as long as you watch the level.

I’ll gladly wait for you to prove my statement wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back