Do you like woodgrain interior trim in Vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Grand Marquis has some. The wife's Sebring doesn't. Because it is so plain inside we ordered a woodgrain dash kit to bling it up a bit.

I like woodgrain trim. How about you?

I think it depends on the trim and other accents in the vehicle. My GF's BMW has tan leather with wood grain trim, and my dad's Grand Cherokee has a black interior with silver trim. Both look sharp. I think the key with wood grain is it needs to be used in moderation. If its everywhere and an ugly pattern, it can seem way over done.

Like the Jeepman said, it's according to the vehicle. My Impala has wood trim that's very nice. I've seen other cars where it looked off somehow.

No, it is a complete cancel sale lose all interest option. The only way I would even consider it is if it could easily be replaced by a trim piece that is not wood grain or covered. It cheapens the look of any vehicle IMO.

Done correctly I like it. Nothing is worse than one of these aftermarket glue on jobs.

641_0.jpg

I like it - provided it doesn't go ALL over the place. It works best in cars that have nice leather seats with full aroma - versus the plastic coated leather so common today.

If I had the brown leather or tan interior on the Outback a couple of pieces of actual wood trim of an identifiable N.A. species would be nice. Plasticized burled walnut isn't that nice looking IMO even if its real wood, let alone fake stuff.
Black cherry might work, Ash cut the right way with a grain enhancing stain might be good?
An interior of real materials would be nice instead of plastic imitations of everything, but it seems you have to spend Pagani money to get that

Depends on the car interior and how the “wood” trim looks. My Mazda has a aluminized wood trim that gives a hint of wood yet it has its own character. I like it because it’s not trying to be something it cannot be.

Real wood looks nice sometimes. The fake plastic that Ford and GM love is a joke. Same with Ford leather, different topic. My BMW is interesting, 1 rectangle of wood above glovebox, wood shift knob and wood cubby that fits almost nothing. Nowhere else is real or fake wood.

I agree, that VW doesn't wear it well at all!
sick.gif

wink.gif

Honestly tho, I think it's nice on higher-end vehicles (not those with noisy 4cyl engines).
Adds a level of refinement and class to an otherwise boring and staid interior, regardless if it's real or not.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Some cars wear it VERY well.

Others, not so much.

Maybe my thinking is way off but trim should not be the focus but rather a finishing element. That VW picture that roofless posted is a example of trim gone wild. It’s way overdone.

My personal opinion of course.

I expect wood trim in a luxury brand, ............................not a VW!!!!!

Hate low class cars with wood trim.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
No, it is a complete cancel sale lose all interest option. The only way I would even consider it is if it could easily be replaced by a trim piece that is not wood grain or covered. It cheapens the look of any vehicle IMO.

It's pretty standard on Mercedes. There's an option on the E63 for carbon fiber trim instead of the wood trim. The regular E class has regular wood trim. The 2010-2013 E class had some defective wood trim though, it'd fade as they didn't put in enough UV protectant. The trim kits listed for 4k, even discounted online they were 3k.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
I expect wood trim in a luxury brand, ............................not a VW!!!!!

Hate low class cars with wood trim.

Low-class, eh?

How many cars have actual laquered wood and Italian leather?

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Real wood.

+1
smile.gif

My wife's Jag has it. The Saab had (still does I guess, sold...). The big Bronco has plastic wood that is sort of nice.

I don't need wood in a truck, but will not have a car w/o it. $40K and plastic interior - I don't think so ...

Yeah, my VW Sirocco Wolfsburg with Recaro's was low class too
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back