U Haul 5 x 8 trailer is only 51.5" wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
rented a U Haul trailer to transport a 54" wide object. I was very surprised that their "5 x 8" trailer would only hold an object 51.5" wide. ( I learned in school that 5' = 60" )
I was further disappointed when they allowed my wife (who tried to resolve this on her own) to rent a larger double axle trailer and connect it to her Rogue. that trailer weighed over 1700 lbs empty. towing capacity on the Rogue is 1000 lbs. U Haul told her it was 3500 lbs.

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe they looked at a Nissan Rogue and said... this is a good tow vehicle and this large trailer will be no problem. Gosh, U-Haul really sucks sometimes.

Most people complain that U-haul won't allow them to rent the big trailer that they want because their tow vehicle isn't rated for it. I don't think the CVT in the Rogue would be very happy with that load.

I've rented vehicles from them twice recently and in years gone by. Trailers were rented on 3 occasions I can bring to mind.

Always good experiences. I will keep a sharpened eye open when next I go to U-Haul or any other renter.

Thanks for the news / info.

I had one of those behind my 5600lb rated 2002 ranger.. was the hardest pulling trailer ever.

Just had a load of furniture in it (nothing sticking up) and I had to lock out overdrive on the flat.

That whole experience you had is easily described by 1 word "incompetent".

A 20 pound propane tank will safely hold 20 pounds of propane,

but the propane exchange places will only put 15 pounds in them…
Charging you for 20 pounds

Scams abound everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back