What is your favorite Potato Chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hands-picking-fast-food-french-fries-and-dipping-them-in-tomato-ketchup-deep-fried-potato-chips-4k-closeup-shot-against-dark-background_h01qxgb1l_thumbnail-full01.png

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: Claud
Walkers. Btw for you colonials the correct term is CRISPS.
smile.gif

Claud.

Hey, when are you blokes gonna finally pay us back for all that US weaponry you got in WWII???
Don't tell me you repaid that debt through hospitality to the US troops, my dad said the food he got while staging for his tour of France, Belgium, and Germany was awful!!!

;^)

Hold on, we let your guys go play in mainland Europe and you broke or lost most of those weapons.

Of course the food was bloody awful, it came from North America, where they call chips "french fries" and potato crisps "chips".:)

Claud.

I think it's only a Pennsylvanian thing, but I always prefer Middlewarth's brand chips. I can get them in upstate PA and even my town, but other towns around here don't carry them. Gibble's made locally is a second choice, but since changing owners they aren't as good as I remember from my childhood. Martin's and Utz is also up there. I try and buy local stuff, after years of living out of state and only able to buy big names such as Lay's, I'm glad to get local stuff now.

Trader Joe's makes chips called Ode to the Classic Potato Chip. I like those, Cape Cod and Dirty Potato Chips Jalepeno Potato Chips.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
Better Made barbecue

Definitely Better Made.
Once in a while I buy their burned chips too... (Rainbow).

Do you remember Eagle brand chips? Man...those were the best.

Originally Posted By: Al
We have a Saturdays market here. Local Amish sell their chips fried in Lard. You can feel your arteries clog shut.

Why ?

It's 60% unsaturated...

I am sure there are many regional favorites that not all of us have access to, but where I live I have to say any flavor of "Better Made" from Detroit is the best potatoe chip I've ever enjoyed.
TOTO.

My favorite potato chip brand is Zapp's made in Gramercy, LA.

My favorite potato crisps are Pringles, followed by Munchos. When on scuba vacations to the Dutch Caribbean, we buy Sabrosos, the Venezuelan knockoff of Pringles. The face on the can has a much thinner mustache and a festive hat reminiscint of The Frito Bandito for those who remember that advertising charachter from Frito-Lay.

Here in the USA, the FDA made a ruling on what is a potato chip vs. a potato crisp back in 1975, based on Pringles being advertised as a "newfangled potato chip" prior to that decision. So we actually have at least 3 distinctions in the USA, not including regional fried potato dishes such as home fries or papas fritas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pringles

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silk
hands-picking-fast-food-french-fries-and-dipping-them-in-tomato-ketchup-deep-fried-potato-chips-4k-closeup-shot-against-dark-background_h01qxgb1l_thumbnail-full01.png

I'm with that on that mate but just substitute the ketchup for steak and kidney pie and gravy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Hello everybody,

Wandering what everybodys favorite potato chip might be? Mine is Herrs Blue Bag with "real" lard.

Dale

Herr's BBQ. Then their Spicy ones

Utz BBQ or Honey BBQ are my favorites.

Can't stand any of those Kettle style chips, there should be a law against those things!

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Utz BBQ or Honey BBQ are my favorites.

Can't stand any of those Kettle style chips, there should be a law against those things!

The other day while at WM, I bought 2 bags of WM brand KETTLE chips. Those things are AWESOME!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back