7 seater vehicle suggestions - No Van

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for some suggestions for a 'used' and under $8K, 7-seater vehicle.

Your thoughts?
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Mazda5

Believe it or not, I was looking at it. How good and reliable are they and any known issues?Since they are a lot cheaper than SUV's !

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: wemay
Mazda5

Believe it or not, I was looking at it. How good and reliable are they and any known issues?Since they are a lot cheaper than SUV's !

See thread after yours. Possibly rear wheel bearings.

Ford flex, or if too expensive or ugly go one generation older to the TaurusX. I had good luck with the one before that, the Freestyle, amd my sister-in-law still drives it at 235k miles it is doing fine.

Seriously, why no van? Are you that unsure of your masculinity? Do you really think that most decent options that carry 7 and aren't a van are that much "cooler"? Those are the typical reasons Ive observed...

Does cargo space matter in 7 passenger configuration? If so, it eliminates most SUVs.

Minivan, suburban, or nothing, IMO...

You could get a nice midsize wagon

There's the 92-96 Camry wagon. Three rows of seats and two rear wipers
smile.gif

The Mercedes W124 and W210 wagons should be in your price range, and you may even be able to get a W211

If you're lucky, you might be able to find a first-gen Suzuki XL-7 with a manual transmission. In fact, at the time, it was the only 7-passenger vehicle available with a manual transmission in the US market.

Unfortunately, the US-market Prius V wagon wasn't available with the third seat offered overseas.

For something bigger, the 90s B-body wagons are there, too

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Seriously, why no van? Are you that unsure of your masculinity? Do you really think that most decent options that carry 7 and aren't a van are that much "cooler"? Those are the typical reasons Ive observed...

Does cargo space matter in 7 passenger configuration? If so, it eliminates most SUVs.

Minivan, suburban, or nothing, IMO...

01.gif

There is nothing wrong with minivans. They are the most space-efficient vehicle for anyone who needs the 7-passenger capability. Wagons are more awesome, but the only 7-passenger wagon still offered in the US is the E-class. There's also the Tesla Model S.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
That's a tough one, 2007 Mercedes GL450. 8k but 142k miles.

Probably better ones if you spend a little more...

https://www.blaskoleasing.com/2007_MercedesBenz_GLClass_Passaic_NJ_18821483.veh

He said $8k purchase price, not $8k yearly repair bills
crackmeup2.gif

Well nothing was mentioned about the repair costs. Only thing major on that is probably the airmatic suspension. That's somewhat of a stripper model, your basic AWD 7 passenger SUV. There's also the Audi Q7 and the BMW X5, but I'm more of an MB fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back