12 or 20oz of Techron Complete Fuel System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone!

My vehicle is Chevy MALIBU 2017 (Gen9). It has 16 gallons fuel tank.
I want to use by techron Complete Fuel System 20oz. Because I am afraid that my vehicle may not be cleaned by the amount of 12oz, and if it is applied on my tank, I can't fill the fuel up to 12 gallons(because empty tank is alway contained more or less 2~4 gallons). So I may be to buy 20oz of bottle, and 20oz will be applied to 16 gallons. Is it too much for my vehicle? Do I buy 12oz of bottles?

And What would be the problem if I put more than the manufacturer's recommended specification? They are recommended that 1oz is applied to 1 gallons.

I use the full 20 oz bottle Techron CFSC in 17 gallon Honda Accord tank as standard practice. Use the full 20 oz bottle, won't hurt a thing. No worries.

welcome2.gif

I put the 20oz into my 13 gallon fuel tank all the time, I do this multiple times a year. There have been no issues.

If you do the math, your 16 fluid gallon fuel tank is 2048 fluid ounces. That's 20 ounces of Techron compared to 2048 ounces of fuel tank. That's what a ratio of 1/102?

Even if you could only fill the tank up to 15 gallons, it's still a huge difference to not really matter.

My '14 RAV4 has a 16 gallon tank. On trips (500 miles) I add a 20 oz bottle and top off the tank. Then I stop for gas on the trip when I'm down about 10 or 12 gallons and add a 12 oz bottle and top it off. This keeps the fuel:Techron ratio up there. Works like a charm!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
I use the full 20 oz bottle Techron CFSC in 17 gallon Honda Accord tank as standard practice. Use the full 20 oz bottle, won't hurt a thing. No worries.

welcome2.gif

Same, also on a 17 gallon Accord tank and 12 or so gallon in the Jetta. Currently running it now in both actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back