Anyone still eat breakfast anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask because two people I work with do not. I always have a FUJI apple and water. I don't drink our bagged swill they call coffee at work as I make my PEETS Major Dickason coffee and take my travel mug with me. I also have 2 hard boiled eggs with Frank's "extra hot" sauce mid morning or around 8:30 am

Who here eats breakfast and what do you eat?

I always eat a good breakfast.

Your presumption is fascinating...you seem to think it's outdated...

I can't function without breakfast. I usually alternate between kefir with Mueslix or a piece of bread with farmer's cheese and jelly.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I always eat a good breakfast.

Your presumption is fascinating...you seem to think it's outdated...

I don't think that at all; I've noticed quite a few people just don't eat breakfast. I always eat breakfast

Most work days during the week I arrive by 6:30 and eat nothing until 11:45 at the earliest.

On the weekends, I do have breakfast, but then don't usually eat a full meal again until dinner time. Sometimes I will also have lunch on the weekends.

Gotta have it.

If it's hearty enough that I don't feel like lunch I skip that.

Weekdays it gives me time a chance to check the emails from work and prepare for the onslaught

I try to eat a small bowl of cereal with skim milk before I head off to work, lately it has been a Barbara's knockoff of the Quaker Oat Bran cereal that I dearly loved before it suddenly disappeared from the shelves some years ago. My daughter preferred this cereal to Cocoa Puffs and stuff like that and we loved to have "daddy cereal" together in the morning whenever we could when she was little.
If I'm in a hurry, I grab a Clif bar and eat it at my desk when I get to work unless we happen to have some bananas around. I am finding that I am not too fond of meat and eggs for breakfast anymore.

My daughter prefers to sleep later rather than eat breakfast at school these days and my wife will generally not eat anything until she has been up for at least a few hours, and then she will eat stuff like sandwiches or leftovers from dinner. I stopped eating breakfast in high school and remember that my mom would still make me a couple of pieces of buttered toast every morning in the hope that I would eat something...I would usually eat them when I got home from school, kinda gross looking back at it. I didn't really get back into consistently eating breakfast until we had our daughter, then it became something we could share most days unless I was just getting hammered at work.

Corn flakes and coffee every morning at 0500. Lunch comes along at 11 am and dinner is on the table by 5 pm. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Always a good breakfast, a salad, soup or small sandwich for lunch and a small dinner. If your going to put a full day of hard graft in you need the energy.
I love Quaker Oats, Corn flakes and Weetabix.

Last edited:
Breakfast foods are the best. I love fried eggs and bacon with hash browns. A bagel, cereal, even a donut if I have to. Coffee, but just in the morning. I would eat breakfast food every meal.

If I am going all out, in addition to the eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, I will add pancakes or waffles or french toast and some type of sausage. I'm old enough now that I don't do that very often, but when I do I usually don't need to eat the rest of the day.

Last edited:
I grew up never having breakfast. Still never eat breakfast. If I am ever offered food in the morning, I have no appetite and will not eat. Now don't get me wrong, I still love breakfast foods.

Originally Posted By: Tdog02
Breakfast foods are the best. I love fried eggs and bacon with hash browns. A bagel, cereal, even a donut if I have to. Coffee, but just in the morning. I would eat breakfast food every meal.
If I am going all out, in addition to the eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, I will add pancakes or waffles or french toast and some type of sausage. I'm old enough now that I don't do that very often, but when I do I usually don't need to eat the rest of the day.

I still love to eat hearty breakfast food like that later in the day...there is a great place in the White Mountains of NH we will visit 2-3 times a year around 10-11AM and a plate with a short stack of 2 wild blueberry (the tiny ones) pancakes, hash browns, and sausage tastes SO good and will fill me up to the point of being useless for the rest of the day. Hard to explain why that particular place tastes so great other than it just being honest food that is probably cooked in lard, plus the syrup for the cakes is made there.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Gotta have it.

If it's hearty enough that I don't feel like lunch I skip that.

Weekdays it gives me time a chance to check the emails from work and prepare for the onslaught

Same here... to a "T"

100 grams of made Steel Cut oatmeal with added 30grams oat bran 120 grams non sweetened almond milk 60 grams mixed berries NO sugar.
2 whole eggs and 150grams of egg whites.
Every Day!!

A hearty breakfast is great but my personal routine is one packet of instant mush and two cups of Nespresso coffee. A couple times a week I’ll have two eggs and some protein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back